Photo shoots on your property?

He can barely write English. But that’s not unusual in India. At all. I forgot to ask what language his feature is. Not that it really matters.

No idea. What kind of requirements are we talking about? I suppose if their gear keeps tripping our breakers, it won’t be a successful shoot.

hi,
As a complete hobby photographer I was thinking of using some Air BnB for a few hours and thought most would be open to it, it would only ever be me and a model but sometimes its nicer to have a cool looking place, I do all my shoots as TFP (trade for print) which means I dont pay the models (they get the pics) as its just a hobby. Are people really not interested in that sort of thing at all? I could understand having whole crews of people would put everyone off though

I think it’s more to do with big crews and lots of equipment all causing more wear and tear to your home. And perhaps taking advantage of much lower rates when using Airbnb. This is what people have a problem with.

Someone in your situation, where it’s just the two of you and nothing commercial, would be fine with me if you’re paying the whole nightly rate and remaining respectful of all house rules

1 Like

A bit of a late response here, but if you are going to be bringing different people into someones place, even if only a few, it’s a bit of a security nightmare. So it would be understandable if they wanted to charge more, for example.

Sorry to be late to this thread, I just joined the forum. I worked in the film business for years and as a host, I categorically decline any and all requests to use our home for photo or film shoots. I know first hand how many crews treat the location, and even the most conscientious and careful people can inflict some sort of damage. We just turned down a request to shoot a music video for one day. they only wanted to pay the one nightly rate and nothing else. Aside from the electricity needed to run even the most basic of lighting and the disruption to our residential neighborhood, there is a huge liability issue. I would bet that Airbnb’s insurance doesn’t cover professional liability in this situation. All it takes is for one careless person to trip over a lamp cable, the hot light falls on someone and you, as the property owner, become liable for damages.

3 Likes

I’ve just had a request for film location. Obviously if I choose to accept I will increase my price considerably. However I wanted to know if I decline would this affect my “commitment rate”?
Thanks