Pets and furniture - a rant

They are ALWAYS well behaved. Just like everyone in prison is innocent.

I have come dislike dogs. I’ve had a few dogs in my day and I NEVER allowed them on the furniture. The reason is, not only smells and bacteria, but the hair and wear and tear. The smell of dirty dog nauseates me. I don’t know how people can stand it. I’ve heard of nose blind, but I have never been nose blind. I can always smell stank better than I can the good smells.

I don’t believe in traveling with animals, number 1, and 2, I think it’s distlrespectfull to push your smelly dog on people and their space. It sickens me to watch a person let a dog feed with them on the table. Feeding from the table I get but not sitting there in with your food. I can guarantee their houses are nasty. Of course, not according to them.

That brings me to cleaning. I always explain to the cleaning crew, my idea of clean and yours are 2 different things. You clean to my ideals, not yours. After a dog has been in the home, I want no reminders they had ever been there. People who don’t travel, are allergic or detest the smell of dogs, should never know they have been there.

We also don’t like the way you try humanizing your dog. A dog that is humanized will most often not respect house rules. A common example of this is a dog that jumps onto the table when you are eating and/or occupies their owner’s beds or couches.