Pet fees not showing

I don’t agree with your assessment of the “good old days” but that’s a different discussion for a different thread.

I’ll restate for clarity for the OP, @RSchnedl: don’t expect anything of Airbnb except that they will provide you some guests and they will deliver your payment to you. Even on these limited tasks they occasionally fail.

1 Like

Oops… that’s funny because abb CS sent me a link to the help system and that article was linked to as “learn more”!

I can only imagine as they make all these changes that it’s near impossible to update help system. I’ve seen lots of conflicting details.

Well, apparently Airbnb has changed the way pet fees are shown- it is intentional that they are not showing it to guests as a pet fee. This is from a post on the Airbnb CC by an experienced host:

"AirBnB no longer shows the pet fee as a separate line item in the quote. The cost of the pet fee is now divided by the number of nights the guest is booking for and is then added to the nightly rate.

This explains why so many of my pet owning guests are confused about whether or not they have paid the pet fee at booking."

3 Likes

CS doesn’t even know policies that have been in place forever. On the Airbnb CC forum, there is lots of spam advertising. When responders tell the OP that advertising is not allowed there (and never has been), many of the advertisers say that CS told them to post there when they inquired where to advertise to hosts.

Did you get a reply yet? I assume that you called them and were told that someone would get back to you. Did they? What was their response?

It would be really helpful for readers to know.

By the way, as you’re new to STR you might not know that anecdotally, hosts get a better response by contacting Airbnb on Twitter rather than calling and getting a someone-will-call-you-back reply.

Waiting for a call-back from CS:

images (2)

3 Likes

@jaquo I don’t Twitter.

It’s free and therefore if your problem is of concern to you it might be well worth the minute it takes to join and send a message.

While I have certainly read that contacting Airbnb through Twitter may result in better service, many people, me included, have no interest in joining Twitter. Not wanting to open a Twitter account has nothing whatsoever with it being free or only taking a minute to join. And IMO there is even more reason to boycott it since Musk took over and reinstated hate speech.

2 Likes

i understand exactly what you mean, @muddy. However, if a host with a serious concern is having a hard time contacting Airbnb by other means, then it seems like a good idea to let them know that Twitter is known as being a good route to use.

Of course, once the matter is resolved, there’s no need for the host to ever use Twitter again if it’s served its purpose.

1 Like

Every single forum on the internet has its resident scolds…