Personalized web addresses

In late May we received an email from Air announcing that “soon” Superhosts will have the possibility of creating a personalized web address for their listing.
Has anyone heard when they will be rolling this out?

The last official update I could find was a reply from Airbnb on the thread in the community forums 1 week ago and it says “within the next two months.”

The problem with this is (as far as I can see) that the URL will still be airbnb(dot)com/whatever. It’s fine but if you really want to market your place properly, buy a domain name. They are cheap as chips from GoDaddy or a similar site.

If you don’t want to have your own website set up a forward on your domain so it directs viewers instantly to your Airbnb listing. If you decide at any stage in the future to stop using Airbnb simply change the forward.

If you have a listing on another site, just change the forward to direct to that.

It’s much easier (and a lot more professional) to promote www.yourowndomain(dotcom rather than an awkward airbnb/ thingy.

Member @faheem does this - he has towerroom.net but as you can see, it forwards to his Airbnb listing.

2 Likes

Thanks, great idea Jaquo…it would be better. I’ll look into it.

1 Like