Pending vertification

Yeah, Airbnb said its just when they arent verified and in the process of booking that its blocked of, like sort of in the middle of the booking process. This time though the guests must of pulled out as all of a sudden the next day it was open again!

I can see that happening with instant book…but not when just booking the regular way like AQ was speaking of. I too also like that they are ID verified. That means anyone who’s behaved badly on Air in the past cannot simply open a new account and keep booking.

I think it means they haven’t entered payment information, because I have TWO pending reservation requests and both are verified. When they sent their inquiry messages, I wasn’t given the option to Accept, Decline or Pre-approve as I usually am. Wish Airbnb would explain this; the Help center doesn’t say anything about it as far as I could see. I just sent messages to the two potential guests asking if they had entered payment information.

Does anyone happen to know if a mere inquiry ties up your calendar until you “Reply, pre-approve, or decline by 5:23 AM HST on Nov 17?” I think it does and that has me peeved. So that means this nonsense came in in the middle of the night, and my calendar for the peak season was tied up until I told her to get lost (nicely :wink: ??) So my peak season times were tied up for several hours until I woke up and saw this and “answered?”

Are they basically saying they want to stay for free and in turn advertise you on their page? Hahah some people…

Freedom camping is free. Offer that one up!

1 Like

Yeah! They’ll let me have the tax write-off too. How generous. (I have enough tax write offs)
There’s no free camping on the Big Island anymore! The cheapest campsites are $12 per night. :smile:

I told her no, but suggested that maybe one of the “dolphin channelers” would be interested. :slight_smile: You know, those kooky people who think the dolphins are coming here as agents of the New Age to bring peace, harmony and understanding. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And that tax write off only works for people who itemize each year instead of taking the standard deduction. If the standard deducition is worth more then the write off is useless!

1 Like

I just flagged them. They probably sent this blanket message out to a bunch of hosts in Kona… and if it really does tie up your calendar until you answer, it’s totally unfair.

Dummies. What are they thinking using the system for that purpose. I should have flagged the Instagram person too.