Payout for guest who claims covid but didn't go through Airbnb to claim EC

Thanks for a simple, matter of fact answer. Although I believe I read through all the posts, I don’t believe it was spelled out what EC meant. I could be wrong… but answers like KKC below are unnecessary. He must be an angry person.:joy::rofl:

1 Like

You’re a very powerful person… a moderator😂

So in 4 brief posts you’ve managed to prove you know nothing about this forum, or the posters here, or posters’ attitudes regarding the virus, and paint yourself as an arrogant troll. Well done.

8 Likes

I am so sorry. My condolences to you. What a loss to her family. :cry:

1 Like

He is a she. A long time moderator and assuredly not an angry person…just a person who tolerates no BS.

8 Likes

A Moderator should be, like the root word, moderate. Not one who jumps to conclusions, bullies and pushes their own opinions. Not sure who made her a moderator, but they should reconsider.
I nominate Debthecat to be a moderator!

1 Like

Oh, now you’re the “should” police? No one “made” anyone a moderator here. It’s a volunteer position and one we are grateful that KKC and a few others have given of their time and attention to do for free.

10 Likes

You will find not find anyone opposed to the covid shot on this forum.

1 Like

If they are they’d best keep it to themselves if they have any brains.

3 Likes

The forum owner made her a moderator and she’s a damn good one.

You, sir, are a troll. And not a very bright one, either.

Ooh, like that one!

5 Likes

Update:

Guest eventually contacted Airbnb, claimed EC, and got the refund.

1 Like

I love the way newbies come to this forum and immediately tell long timers and moderators how it should be run. They probably think that everything AirBnB does is in their best interest, too.

Deja vu all over again… :wink:

7 Likes

Dennis,
I guess I just want to let new people who are coming to this forum for help, trying to ask simple questions, that it is a toxic environment where even the moderators are bullies, and people like you like to heap on condescending comments even long after the dead horse has been beaten. Good for you Dennis, I’m sure you and your good ole boy buddies feel proud. I’m just a newbie who needs hazing.:joy:

Maybe they can make friends with @HostAirbnbVRBO. They seem to share the same limited mentality of “My honesty isn’t insulting, it’s raw and honest. You’re the jerk for taking it poorly.”

Manners, a lost art.

The moderators are saints and sometimes lose their tempers when newbies beat horses and gaslight. :wink:

You were called out when you rude to many people trying to help you and others. That’s not hazing.

4 Likes

Your perception is not some kind of fact. It is your own personal perception.

I have been on this forum for about 3 years now, I think, and never once did I feel it was a toxic environment nor that the moderators were in any way objectionable.

4 Likes

This thread reminds me….

Have you ever blocked someone, forgotten, and then awhile later you start seeing “1 reply hidden from view” and you’re confused?

And then you click on it, read it and remember,”Oh, yeah, that’s why!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
(PS would understand perfectly if I’ve made a few people’s lists; not trying to be the pot calling the kettle…because I now love kettles, after all)

2 Likes

Yes. I keep thinking they’ve deleted their post, or at least that’s the way my view shows. As a moderator I think my view is different than that of a non-mod.

1 Like

Yes! Very often. And I know I’m blocked from a few people because I can’t see them anymore and I know they’re out there. Some I miss. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like