Payment options if you create your own listing on Facebook or Houfy?

Only rule to join the contest is to have a verified listing and verify your profile. It’s very easy. It takes only a few seconds to import your listing from ABB or VRBO. This is the Houfy import tool. You still need to set your base pricing, and update rates, etc., but the hardest part will be done for you in a matter of seconds.

We use Square and for invoicing and they are 2.9% per transaction (and $0.30). We get weekly reports of payments/transactions. I pay our caretaker direct with Zelle and it couldn’t be easier, and it’s free! Love Zelle.

1 Like

I use Stripe on my website and on Houfy. Works perfectly. Really easy to use. I particularly love how easy it works on the Houfy site.

2 Likes

Is that similar to PayPal family and friends where there is no transaction fee? I have heard others say they really like it. Any idea how Zelle makes money with being free?

I work for a large bank that asked us to be the beta testers for it before they released it. During that time, and since it has been opened to all customers, I have not heard of any staff or customers being charged a fee. I kept waiting to get notice that we had too many transactions or something, but it hasn’t happened and I personally have been using it for over a year, sometimes 3-4 times a week, fee-free. My caretaker’s bank didn’t subscribe to the service, so he linked it to a debit card and it works great for him as well. It is marketed as a peer to peer payment system, bc Zelle will not assist if you accidentally pay the Prince of XYZ country a million dollars. Once the money is gone, it’s gone. However, there are a few moments in the transaction where you are prompted to check phone numbers, verify the payment info, etc. I have found it to be a nearly perfect system for us.

2 Likes

FYI:

Another contest on Houfy…This is different than the contest @Barnes mentioned above. So this one begins on February 1st, 2019 and lasts the entire month. It looks like there will be a new contest each month.

1) February 2019

Contest: The member with the most viewed Story : (NOT POSTS/NOT Listing/Not Guide)

Between: February 1, 2019 (7 AM ET) and February 28th, 2019 (7 PM ET)

Will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Certificate, 2nd place: $50, 3 & 4: $25

Daily Updates will be available on our maps.houfy site

3 Likes

Just an FYI - the monthly contest above has been moved to March in order to focus on Book direct week. The $1,000 first place prize contest still begins on February 4th.

1 Like

It’s similar, but Zelle goes right through your bank. My banks (USAA and CHASE) just do it through their phone apps, but if it’s not in the banks app, you can download the Zelle app. There is also VENMO, but Zelle gets your money to you instantly.

They both are free if you are using a checking account/debit card for your funds transfer, but charge a 3% fee if you use a credit card.

1 Like

I am reading more about and about to sign up for Houfy and since it’s based on reading your advice here, if you’d like to send me a PM with an invite link I’ll be happy to give you the referral credit.

1 Like

Cool. Be right back.

Lonestar…

Be sure to join the Say Yes to Houfy FB group. That’s where customer service, technical questions, and everything else about Houfy is currently being discussed. Later…that will be migrated to the Houfy platform.

I don’t use FedBook. Or Twitter. I only got my first smart phone a couple of months ago. I’m a closet Luddite. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha…I got my real smart phone - has it been a year and a half already???

I only use FB for Vacation rental stuff mostly. I stopped using it and then gave in to join a large book direct FB group. And that’s how I heard about Houfy.

I didn’t have any social media at all but I have an IG account for the property.

1 Like

Ha! I consider IG for the high tech people!! :joy::joy: Some day I will get there…lol

2 Likes

I have the capability to do “high tech”, I just resist it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ve been listed on Houfy for six months. One view - ME. I think it needs a lot more care and feeding than AirBnB or Vrbo. Since I have a full-time day job and a long commute, I don’t have time to take care of Houfy.

I’m now Houfyfied. :slight_smile:
I’m going to add it to my own web site and see what happens. There are only three others in my market on there so I imagine “not much”.

2 Likes

All you have to do is tell people about Houfy. No other site is going to emerge that is free for both owners and travelers. Price sync and many more things are coming too. My guests can fully book me online through Houfy and pay. I have received 5 bookings.

If you’re not showing departing guests or anyone your listing, the only view will be yours. Houfy is free and is not marketing for you. Everyone wanted a book direct site and it’s here. All we have to do is let the traveling public now about it. I am not sure what kind of “care and time” you are referring to.

I just wrote this a few minutes ago…