Passive aggressive guests

I love that button. I use IB, but guests can’t if previous hosts have clicked that button.

I’m on the fence between 2* and 3* across the board. Guest was a PITA from the first communication and willfully disregarded repeated requests to cut out the crap.

2 Likes

It’s not “passive aggressive.” It’s “unwashed ahole.” It’s “colossal seeping wound.” It’s …
Well, you get the point. I’m glad you gave them a negative review.

8 Likes

I’d give her a 1, but for you a 2 would probably do.

2 Likes

While it’s true that you have to weigh whether it’s worthwhile to pursue getting paid for something is worth the likely inevitable bad revenge review, it’s sad to me that hosts are so terrified of a bad review that they allow jerky guests to get away with totally unacceptable behavior.

3 Likes

I agree with you. I left them a bad review and explained why it was so bad. At least future hosts will know about how they treated our space.

5 Likes

I appreciate your leaving them an honest review. I know it’s scary to do because you don’t know what they will write about you. We recently had someone do an IB and when I looked at his one review it was just awful. I was grateful to the host who explained how rude the guest was and how they trashed their rental. I would never have known. Immediately called Airbnb and cancelled the reservation.

5 Likes

I’m a much bigger softie than @NordlingHouse and I was thinking all 0’s if it were possible.

@casailinglady, please do 1’s or 2’s. I did 3’s for my worst guest ever and that dude still had an overall 5 due to ABB’s janky guest math. I regret not giving at least 2’s and he wasn’t as bad as yours…all the game playing and “in your face” disrespect. We hosts see those stars before they read anything written & they carry weight.

1 :infinity:

1 Like

Nope, only IB hosts. The rest of us who require that guests send requests aren’t privy to star ratings. We rely on honest written reviews and really dislike it when hosts mark way down on star ratings and then wimp out on leaving an informative, honest written review.

And even if I could see guest star ratings, they would carry very little weight, because they are completely subjective and offer no explanation. Which is something I learned from this very forum.

It was on this forum where I read a thread where the host was asking for feedback on what star ratings she should give a guest. The responses ranged from 5 stars- “Seems like a normal guest to me” to 2 stars- “No way I would ever want a guest like this”.

All from experienced hosts on this forum.

You’ve mentioned that before…I keep forgetting. That’s crazy. More ABB manipulation to try to make you IB. Sigh.

I didn’t mean to imply the written should be a no match or treated lightly. I just feel like mine were ignored.

I’ve checked up on my clowns and it seems they motored right along, hosts happily accepting them.

The only thing I could guess is they see the “janky-calculated” star average and ignore the well-written, highly collaborated upon ( :wink:) review about their trespasses.

“Heads in Beds” hosts that don’t vet maybe? :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

‘Word soup’? How disrespectful. I could say as this poster as said in other situations that it is a ‘shitty’ comment, but I will not emulate this ‘member of our community.’

The OP made an important post with real concerns, not ‘word soup.’

1 Like

You’re a riot. I agree, it’s 2* because it was just so gaslight egregious. She would look me in the eye and without blinking try to twist everything back on me. “Well you showed me the linen closet first.” I replied, “No, I showed you the bathroom with the towels right up there on the rack first. Thanks for letting me know that I’ll leave the linen closet out of the equation instead of last.”

I understand.

I’ve actually dodged a couple of bad guests by reading the reviews after an IB and am so very, very thankful for the honest hosts who wrote what actually happened and did so calmly and professionally.

I have 14 days to review her. Last minute. 2* across the board. I’m still finding empty food packets in the bedroom and crumbs… Grrrrrrr. And that smell of cigarette smoke …

1 Like

I did edit my original post because it was unnecessarily wordy after going back and reading it. I come from a background of writing critically about art and sometimes forget to simplify when communicating in other areas. I guess it’s one of the hazards of my education, haha!

5 Likes

Saw that. Well done. From rant to reasoned explanation of guest behavior.

I’ll tag you when I have to put my rant into coherent form that warns other hosts…

3 Likes

Thank you! We’re all human, and get caught up in our emotions. That’s one of the reasons I often wait a few days before leaving a review for a guest. Sometimes I was just having a bad day and the tiniest thing can frustrate me, when in all reality it was really nothing.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true. But purple streaks on my white towels and makeup on said white towels, hung damp on the wood door (covering the hooks…) when there are perfectly good black Makeup towels in the bathroom…

I guess I’ve been really lucky the last 5 years. This is the first guest to put purple streaks on the towels. I’ve read the horror stories…

Now I feel like I have to flip the mattress just to make sure there aren’t any more surprises.

Plus, she opened a desk drawer that needs a key to open and rifled through it. Oy.

1 Like

No it isn’t. If someone wants help or advice, it is important to post in a way that is reasonably readable to others.

2 Likes

This guest sounds like a mental case.

Not disrespectful. Trying to be helpful. People who post a giant, unbroken paragraph that is difficult to read are undermining their own purpose/reasons for posting.

The people who do painfully muddle through probably miss some content because of the poor formatting.

Paragraphs & white space make it easier on the reader.

Btw-it looks like the OP edited & added paragraphs.

I’m closing this post as it’s now become a back and forth that is both unrelated to the original post and to the topic of what sort of format people should post it. @Vandyne if you feel that more discussion of your issue or writing style would benefit you, let me know and I’ll reopen it later with a post timer on it.

1 Like