Party bus for a "5 guest" booking

@Helsi @Annet3176 @muddy
My analogy was exactly as Muddy described. It was also intuitive of Annet3176 to consider btdt. Perhaps it was insensitive of me to openly express my triggered feelings in a way that might trigger others.

2 Likes

@Helsi So far, I’ve been asked 6 times by different support staff to retell and resubmit the same supporting docs, not twice. I know what it feels like to be violated, abused, disrespected, taken advantage of, manipulated, etc. It’s unfortunate my feelings negatively affected you.

1 Like

What motivates someone to post good news? All I’m saying is that Airbnb claims to have millions of bookings annually. And how many complaints have you read? Dozens? Hundreds?

A couple of years ago we had someone post here for about a month who claimed to be an Airbnb case manager. According to them the stat was “under 6% of hosts/guests call or write in for any issue related to Airbnb.” If that is true it’s easy to see why Airbnb is so dismissive of complaints.

BTW, their posts were very detailed and interesting and if you have nothing else to do you might search the forum for their posts. They went by TheInsider.

3 Likes

And weren’t we absolutely fascinated by what he had to say. Pity that customer service seems to be completely out sourced now.

Oh yes. I guess they knew what they were getting into when they started posting but I kind of felt sorry for them. They were deluged and they answered with patient detail.

Keep in mind he or she claimed to be a case manager. Not the first stop CSR. I think they were based in Denver.

I haven’t called Airbnb in years but I usually seemed to get a US based agent. As I already said, if people get an agent based in their country and can’t make a disparaging remark about the nation in which the agent is based they probably aren’t going to post about it.

BTW, @kkc, I have some great guests here now. They surprised me and booked for a week about a month ago. Didn’t think it was going to be a favorite, think I prefer 2-3 days, but had a great conversation in the yard yesterday. They’re birders/outdoor/traveler people and that’s me. After they leave I have another birder/outdoor woman coming that may be looking to live here. Anyway, I’m starting to attract like-minded souls.

2 Likes

Excellent. I think you are going to do well. For one thing, you aren’t new. For another thing, you were already looking to be the best host you can be by reading this forum. The folks who land here after problems and only post or comment when they have problems are going to continue to have problems.

2 Likes

Because you say that guests can’t be trusted, as if it’s some absolute, universal fact. Which it most certainly isn’t.

There are also some hosts who can’t be trusted. There are trustworthy people in the world and others who aren’t.

I’ve also said that none of us are immune from ever getting a bad guest, just because we haven’t so far.

1 Like

EXACTLY!!!

1 Like

Right here. In the hospitality business since the early eighties. Long time host using Airbnb. And never a situation I couldn’t handle.

4 Likes

UPDATE:
As advised by some kind members in this forum, I posted on Twitter to airbnbhelp and included a Rap video the bad guests made at my house which I found on YouTube. Best evidence ever! (Sickened me to watch, though!!) Abnb just announced they will give me some of the money I requested. Small victory but a victory nonetheless. Thanks for the good advice.

5 Likes

@KKC Been giving your suggestion tons of thought. Sometimes ppl ask to book outside of abnb and I’ve refused under that false security blanket. Now that I know the score, I’m so on it. Website and independent business plan in motion. Thanks much for that suggestion. Taking control.

3 Likes