Page Rank down to 43

I’m confused, is your Airbnb rental in Miami?

No. I’m in Australia. The relevant part of the thread that this post relates to is whether incognito browsers give results based on geographic location. I just happened to choose Miami Florida for the exercise. Do you see the same results as I did using an incognito window, without IP obfuscation, when you do a search for accom in Miami Florida?

I’m trying to understand what our source markets see in their hometowns.

When I search my listing incognito, without IP obfuscation, my listing price appears in Mexican pesos, as I am based in Mexico. But I actually list in Canadian dollars and my payments go to my Canadian bank account, so when I look at my listing from my account in preview mode, it’s in Canadian$. So the prices shown when searching incognito are certainly based on IP address, and I would think the rest of it is, as well.

2 Likes

(My layout is different) but this is what I see. It’s different than yours.)

1 Like

On my browser there is a toggle switch in the top right corner that lets you turn the map off.

I’m actually learning a lot through this exercise. In my original post on this subject I said:

The reason that we didn’t appear on the map is that the map only shows listings on page that is displaying … as it should do. It’s just that our listing was on page 3 so it didn’t appear on the map until page 3 came up.

2 Likes