Our worst guest ever - and they've not even arrived yet!

I feel 100% confident that not a single pair of the underwear or socks was left intentionally. They were left by accident. We seem to get a crowd that spends quite a lot of money on their underwear, e.g nothing you would frivolously discard. It doesn’t make any sense that it would be left on purpose anyway. People are traveling and they forget stuff. We’ve young people do it, old people do it. Seems pretty normal to me. No reason to take it personally.

I am also used to great guests. But they are still human guests :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I hope you continue to have a wonderful Airbnb experience.

1 Like

Thank you. One guest left a very nice bluetooth speaker which I was happy to return. Other guests have left articles of clothing. Maybe I just have an issue with dirty underwear. I will continue to check to make sure that I at least don’t forget mine when I am a guest.

2 Likes

Just iterate what they did:
-booked the wrong date, didn’t communicate the arrival time, they arrived close to midnight, requested breakfast at 8:30 but didn’t show up to eat it until 10:30, were very tidy but left an hour after the check out time without asking if they could do so.

Let other hosts to judge for themselves. Disrespectful of hosts time is too vague. It cam mean for example that they sent you 50 texts or complaints or whatever. We need to know what they’ve done. Requesting breakfast and not showing up for it would have annoyed me immensely. I think it’s downright rude to do such a thing. We hosts are not their servants…

How old were they anyhow to be tired after a 3.5 hr train ride?

2 Likes

I agree. It’s just psychological. Remember that the guest probably sat on and slept in the bed without underwear, so everything that could be on that dirty underwear could also be on your bedding.

Oh, and I also find underwear and socks occasionally and I’m 100% sure it’s not any kind of disrespect. They were just not visible when the guest packed and the guest forgot them.

3 Likes

And sometimes we find sleep-shirts in the bed too! Just take it as a compliment that the bed feels comfortable and clean to them :wink:

2 Likes

i find dirty undies too. pick them with gloved hand and toss them in the bin.

I just did a round trip drive to Lexington, KY from Tampa, FL - each leg in 1 day and in holiday traffic (I love my daughter; I love my daughter…) One day trip to KY (with cat in car) was 14.5 hours and the trip back (also 1 day) was 16.

3.5 hours on a train? In England? With tea trollies? Give. Me. A. Break. You’re nicer than I am…

5 Likes

I have a very flexible check-in time, 11AM to 11PM as I home host and also work from home and don’t take same day bookings and have 1 day prep time. This has suited all my guests, except one who was arriving by bus at 9AM. But when I messaged her to ask for ETA, she said she realized that 9AM was too early to check in and she would just find a cafe to hang out at until 11. Because she was so respectful, I said, no problem, if she’d like to check in when she arrived, that would be fine. She was grateful, as she’d had a 12 hour bus trip and of course wanted to shower and relax. When a guest is respectful instead of entitled, I never mind making exceptions.

3 Likes

I was going to begin a new topic about disposable contact lenses to see if it is something new that is happening with people these days. But did a search and found your comment. Sorry to drudge up old posts.

Since Hawaii’s reopening, I believe that we’ve had at least 4 separate guests that leave their disposable contact lenses all over the place, other than the garbage can. It’s disgusting, and I recently messaged one guest that “beyond being a bit on the gross side, COVID-times or not, we needed to use a razor blade in order to remove them.” She responded “I am very sorry about the contact lenses sticking at different places. I was a first-time user and didn’t realize the issues.”

Do people not realize that disposable means throw it away? Don’t leave them on the nightstand to melt into the wood, don’t leave them on the bathroom vanity, throw them on the floor, leave them in the shower. Yuck.

I’m not sure who needs to hear this, but I thought I’d do a little PSA. Please throw them in the garbage.

<>

3 Likes