Our First Scary Experience

I would never stay in a place that has inside camera, and i do not care for which reason. Not to disclose this to guests is a huge violation of privacy. Does not matter visible the camera or not.I do not even know how it is discussable in favor of host.

3 Likes

I have cameras outside over the parking area for security - and this is disclosed with the check in details - no cameras in the rental unit. The cameras are not hidden - but I think it is important to inform the guests even if the cameras are obvious.

I agree. You can’t be so protective of your items if you have people in a house. I offer people complimentary coffee and tea all day. I don’t use milk at all but sugar and other condiments they are welcome to use. Olive oil I think they should get their own, it’s expensive. I just had a young vegan couple who I allowed to cook very lightly, mostly they steamed veggies and boiled pasta. I offered them to use sauses, ketchup , mustard. When they left they left: bottle of wine, juice not opened, box of snacks, apples, and full bottle of shampoo. I forgot the last time I bought shampoos or conditioners. Guests leave them all the time.

I often get great leftovers because guests leaving from Hawaii leave on a jet plane 100% of the time! :slight_smile: (Are any of the shampoos from that great shampoo delivery you had from some of your first guests, Yana?!!)

2 Likes

hehe , yes, that to, but it keeps on coming. Both guests bathroom are stocked for at least 6 months worth of products:)

1 Like

@superhostnyc may I ask you, what language do you use to tell guests about security cameras outside the unit? If you prefer to share privately, you can direct message me. I’m about to install an exterior camera at one of my listings and need to word the disclosure in way that deters extra guests and yet does not weird out any good ones.