Our first 3 star review - Should I send the guest a private message?

Jodes,

Did the guest ever respond back to you?

I’ve been hosting for years and I finally got my first 3 star review. It was a one line review, ‘no tv in the bedroom’, which of course I do not advertise having. It was crushing to receive that review from someone, but you just have to remember that not everyone is going to be happy with your hosting. As hosts, we give it our best and the vast majority of guests respond positively.

Don’t let this review get you down! In your case, it doesn’t seem like there’s much you can do to remedy the complaint, so don’t take it personally. Keep hostin’ bud!

2 Likes

No they never did- up until that point they were extremely responsive too so they definitely got it.
I have taken it up with Airbnb again but they are sticking to their policy - they say they can’t delete reviews that are “truthful and factual” and I have argued 3 stars is not truthful and factual when they gave is 5 and 4 in every other category but they refuse to budge

1 Like

honestly no point in getting bent out of shape - after hosting for almost 6 years 98% occupancy year round and over 700 couples plus long term stay and a second listing that is an old artist studio - people like to complain - if you stay a host longer than a few years you will realise that
just carry on being the person you are and if airbnb isnt the right thing for you you will stop…
next chapter in life experiences…

1 Like