Other than PayPal, is here another platform that will allow fund transfer from the US to Canada?

If you want USD guests to pay you in USD to a USA bank account. Zelle is awesome now!
My bank, US BANK, let’s me send payment requests (from my business checking account) via ZELLE to guest’s phone or email.
The guest must have a bank account that is connected to ZELLE. But the cost is ZERO!!! and no chargebacks allowed. So I collect rent and security deposit for STR rental via zelle and refund deposit via zelle. All for free.
This is for direct bookings for large groups, often my repeat customers, with signed contracts. It could feel sketchy to some guests I suppose. Basically I’m saying it works best for trusted parties transferring money.

I use square for instant bookings on smaller amounts. But zelle sure saves everyone a hell of a lot in CC processing when bookings get into the thousands.

If you use square via connected PMS software API, the rate is 2.95%. But square refunds their processing fee if you refund the guest. So it is also nice for deposits/refunds.

Transferwise was a country to country funds transfer service with low fees. Haven’t ever used them myself though.

If both sides are comfortable holding bitcoin. You can send bitcoin to anyone in the world for pennies. But if they want to exchange for local currency, there will be .05% minimum exchange fee. Some people like me want it to catch on for just this reason. It would simplify all these international currency issues. It is truly a world currency. No government can print more of it and devalue it. I know it’s controversial, but bitcoin is decentralized, unlike all the other crypto coins. I can’t wait to find a guest that wants to pay in BTC. I will keep the bitcoin for years.

After a month, this is the reply I guess I have to live with.

The currency you select for your listing pricing will determine your payout amount after applicable hosting fees in that currency. When you accept a guest’s reservation request, we calculate your payout in the currency you’ve selected for your listing and convert it to USD. Then when your payout is released, we take this USD amount and convert it to the payout currency for your payout method.

If your listing currency and payout currency differ, there might be a discrepancy in the amount that you will eventually receive because we’re doing a second currency conversion and in the time between booking and the payout being sent, currency exchange might have fluctuated. This may be in your favour, but not always.

If you’d like, you can change the currency on your listing in your price settings below your default nightly rate. This way your payout currency and listing currency match and you will not have this issue.

For the meantime, if you’d like to learn more about choosing a payout currencies, you may refer to this link:

airbnb.com/help/article/1516

@Scheiza I believe that this is correct. I have several friends who have listings in 3rd party countries but list the property in $US, who do not have any payout problems.