Other Local Airbnb Hosts

All of that makes sense. Our guest house is on our home property, so we keep an eye on the maintenance quite closely.

@Flopez Just curious - why use Evolve when the rental property is on your home property (where I presume you live most or all of the time)?

2 Likes

In short, this isn’t my full time job. They were a recommendation from a friend that also is self employed full time. They manage the listing on all the sites, helped build the listing, gave great recommendations, have insurance that coverers damages, etc. It helped us learn a lot, but it was like having a coach. We don’t take all of their suggestions, but so far, they have been a really good partner in our scenario.

Yes for the majority of us STR is not our full time job. @Flopez

I can see the convenience when you are starting up of using a management company, but for me I don’t think the fees they charge and some of their poor business practices are worth it.

They have been rating 3.3 on Trust Pilot. (I can see recently some positive reviews from the US guests and hosts with it being their first and only review on Trust Pilot, all posted four days ago, so wonder if these are false reviews).

Increasingly you see on forums guests being encouraged not to book at listings run by large scale management companies.

Glad though it’s working out for you.