One Hundred up!

congratulations - its the best part the people - and as you say 90% are wonderful inspiring charming people that restore your faith in humanity -
the 10% of badies I have experienced like you mostly just a bit off or dont get that airbnb’s are homes not hotels -
after 8 years of hosting and thousands of happy travellers later - it gets better the longer you do it -

1 Like

Congratulations!! Wishing you continued blessings.

I am 62 and started in the Airbnb business 2 years ago. The total eclipse of the sun inspired mine as our place is on Lake Murray in Lexington SC and was one of the best locations on the planet to view this. At that time I only had a big bedroom upstairs. They had to come downstairs and use one of the 2 downstairs bathroom and shower ect. It went so well that I invested the money and time to build a private, separate 2 BR, 1 Bath apartment. I really enjoy it and 99% of the people have been lovely. I have enjoyed their company too, as my husband can be rather boring at times. And the extra money is GREAT, and the extra income has enabled us to comfortably do extra traveling and other things. I do most of the cleaning myself as I have high standards and I live downstairs so it is not so bad and actually going up down the stairs and the physical labor of it helps keep me in shape.

5 Likes

@southendbootboy, congratulations to you!

My husband and I are in our late 60s. Like you, we’ve had a world of guests. Our refrigerator attests to a few—the Chinese guests who left us magnet gifts, the Jamaican/Scottish couple who left us plaid sheep magnets.

We keep a basket on our coffee table of international coins. Many world travelers have dropped coins in the basket. We even have a Saudi Arabian bill there for 1 riyal (I believe it’s worth about 26 cents). Guests enjoy adding to the collection.

We have had wonderful experiences so far. A couple of eccentrics, for sure, but nothing scary.

I hope you go on for a year—at least. We plan to continue for years to come!

May your Airbnb journey continue to be such a blessing!

2 Likes