On-Site Hosting

Hi, Airbnbbayareahost, welcome to the forum. We are on site hosts and have had plenty of guests who love to interact with us. We mainly host for that reason. We love meeting people, especially from other countries. We let the guests initiate the interaction as some just like their own space. Being on site also deters guests from breaking your house rules.

1 Like

I am also an on site host. We have a small 2 bedroom 2 bath home. We rent the guest room with private bath. The rest of the common areas are shared. If we are watching TV in the living room, they cannot avoid us as they come and go. We almost always greet our guests and give them a quick tour of the home and exterior areas, pointing out amenities and politely reminding them of the rulesā€¦things like ā€œno smoking, not even vapes indoorsā€ and SHOWING them where they can smoke, etc. I cant tell you that we LOVE it! We let them decide how much interaction we have. Weā€™ve become friends with many of them. Some I couldnā€™t even recognize if they knocked at the front door tomorrow! It takes a certain personality to do what we do. My guy and I have certain policies in place such as absolutely no discussion, video clips or TV about politics when guests are here. No arguing AT ALL. We were in the midst of a serious heated argument once when the guest arrived. We cut it off mid sentence and were as welcoming and friendly as can be. She became a friend and I shared that story with her. She laughed and said she would have never believed it because we were so in sync the whole time. We are constantly acutely aware of our voice and volume levels. Itā€™s easy if you have the right personality to deal with alot of different personality types but it is ALOT of work.
Id like to know where your parents live and if they live in the house, where do they go?