OK to Offer $$$ to Guest to Cancel?

Well, I really admire and can identify with your concept, which perhaps subconsciously is that your guests reach in your place a comfortable feeling easily, which is paramount, regardless of the ‘background’ (wow factor).

I just had a British fellow leave a most interesting review today, who could afford just about anything in life, yet emphasized hospitality foremost.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is even possible. I don’t think you can buy an airline ticket more than a year in advance?

You assumed the change was asked and done right after they booked, the asked change have usually been raised only a few months before they are scheduled to arrive. The point is: I have oftentimes asked my guests to change their dates and flight times for the common good, and none have ever hesitated to do so, thus far.

LA is expensive. Check out the Airbnb open page; every other post is someone asking if anyone wants to share … didn’t see that with Paris last year.

P.S. Your place is lovely but yep too expensive for me as a single traveller. It’s coming up at £49 a night which is painful. I am the Airbnb guest that looks for listings at a maximum of £30 because by the time the cleaning fee and service charge is added the price is already closer to £36-8 per night. I am VERY price sensitive :slight_smile:

No I mean… I do not think it is possible to book a flight more than one year in advance. Correct me if I am wrong.

No idea, probably not more than a year, since probably Airlines don’t want to lock in an existing price which may prove too low. Guests book so way ahead, I have always wondered when they get their tickets, some appear to do so ASAP others last minute. One thing I have noticed, most get ‘flexible’ tickets meaning they can change them.

Zandra, My pricing is £33.50 to airbnb guests but £31.50 each for 2 sharing a room if you book on my website… If you find somewhere cheaper then beware!! I’ve just had a single lady telling me that she booked in Stockholm a cheap room for one night and found to her horror that she was sharing with the host!!

1 Like

@courgette3

Found cheaper many many times. I’ve been travelling on Airbnb since 2012 so I know what I’m doing and I know what I’m looking for :slight_smile:

Never found anything unexpected, never had to share a room with a host, have only once come across some standards I really wasn’t happy with and the host had all 5 star reviews until I gave them a three.

Up until very recently I didn’t price my place based on what I could get for it; I priced it on what it cost me. There are plenty of other hosts like that and I’ve always been able to find a nice place to stay that fits my budget.