Odd host did not answer my questions

I might have only had a problem with the early check in. The late check out would not have bothered. if you had written with these questions, I would have answered them in detail. I might not have accepted you but I would have certainly done you the courtesy of answering a few easy questions about your stay.

1 Like

Exactly. The Hosts that have turned me down (mostly about the checkin and out times) have answered them and declined my request. I’m sure a Host wouldn’t be too happy if I tried to check-in at a different time than what they state on their listing.

My analysis exactly. We learn as hosts to be able to sniff out difficult guests. You may be a wonderful guest, but like others here, based on your messages I would have politely said ‘sorry, my place isn’t a good fit for you’ and pressed decline.

1 Like

I think, assuming the late check-out would be no problem, that if you offered to book two days it could be the solution to these problems. I am wondering if a hotel might be better suited to your needs but even a hotel might not be able to accommodate the early check in. Your situation is not a great fit for most hosts, as Jack says. It could be more trouble than it’s worth.

1 Like

I called one hotel near where I work, they refused due to the check-in time.

It’s not a big deal, I’ve found a Host with a lock-box, so it works out fine. Also, I may not need it much longer as I might be moving soon.