Objective review assistance - unauthorised children

Others who have challenged reviews can help me out here. If the OP refers to the ‘child’ or the ‘toddler’ in the review without having proof, isn’t that grounds for the guest to have it removed?

The guest said ‘son’.

I wonder if the OP is managing her guests as well as she could? If I see a guest has a bad review from a previous host, I mention it. “I see that Maria in San Miguel said that you left the apartment in a mess. You won’t do that here, will you?”

It’s a good idea to prevent bad behaviour before it has chance to start.

1 Like

I don’t know but it seems a risk.

Really, the OP’s only evidence is:

But this could mean Trump was there [ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:]

Seriously, that’s her only evidence.

That’s one reason why I think the OP should let this go, as to the review, mentioning something nicely in the private feedback.

I give this guest a LOT of credit for owning up to the accident proactively and taking care of it. The child thing could be an innocent misunderstanding. It’s not good for the Airbnb community if Hosts just become ‘scolds’.

2 Likes

I do too. As @Muddy says, it’s not just children who break things. (My other half breaks things all the time, :slight_smile: )

I’ve had guests tell me about things they’ve broken and in every case, it has been something of low value. Or something that’s been hanging around for such a long time I’m glad to get rid of it and get a new version.

In every case I’ve just said that it doesn’t matter and haven’t let them pay.

The things that guests leave behind far outweigh them in value anyway. Swings and roundabouts. :wink:

1 Like

Not if he had to fork over $1 for the stay.

7 Likes

He does have sticky fingers though.

7 Likes