Object disappeared during stay (private room)

I mostly leave the guests to have breakfast on their own while work in my private office. But today I set the table and waited the minimal sound that would let me know they were eating. Only one of the women at the table, I asked her if she had seen it and she said no. Went back to my office and after that the other one went to have breakfast. And guess what was on her feet? Yes, that’s right. So I said, oh, I have been looking for this since last night. My daughter has a show and tell summer theme at school today and she was going to show the crystals and the embedded technique etc, but we couldn’t find it. She said ‘oh, I thought it was for me since no one as in the house and the slipper was in the floor. Because I see everyone’s shoes is outside I thought you’d left it for me’. I replied ‘oh, that’s unusual. I leave the new slippers to the guests. Remember I showed you during check in time?’. She said she did remember but she still thought it was for her.
Why did she think that? Over so many people she is the first.

She left the slipper here after checking out today.

Don’t know if I should avoid using special things at home. My daughter is quite tall and her feet is same as many adults. Now I am thinking maybe just use some generic thing at home.

1 Like

I’m just glad you found them. Obviously she wasn’t trying to take them.

I wouldn’t let this one experience alter anything you do. Each guest is so different. Right now I have guests who have piled all their luggage in the alcove area outside their bathroom. No problem; whatever. They do have long benches in their room on which to put the luggage. Over 60 some groups and no one has ever done this before.

1 Like

In Hawaii everyone leaves their shoes at the front door and it is a common joke to say that if you leave a party with a better set of slippers than you came with, it must have been a pretty good party. :smile: especially in Hawaii, where most everyone wears the same brand of rubbah slippahs.

2 Likes

What makes me dissapointed is thaf in addition to the slipper this guest left wet towels on the floors in the shared showeroom, water damaged my wood cabinet in the showerroom (the showerroom was strip naked and fully renovated 3 months ago), used 5 shower towels etc, in just one night stay.

:frowning:

Thank you for the uplifiting support, I need to remember the good guests.

1 Like

Hahahaha, that’s a good one. :smiley:
I guess if she left with it she would have it better than with the one she arrived with haha