Obese guest and damaging the bed

I am sure they don’t either. This is not about their bed that they sleep on every night. This is about YOUR bed. And you know what, if he breaks it then ask him to pay for it.

3 Likes

I am surprised at some people’s lack of compassion and judgement of others by their values.

No one wakes up and says “oh I love being overweight”. There are medical and psychological reasons for over eating.

If @jess1 is so worried about the bed frame place the mattress on the floor. A truly high quality mattress will not be damaged by a few new nights of being stressed.

Whether it is guest size or if a guest wants 3 towels instead of 2 or a guest who wants to dine alone, I am saddened by hosts who want their guests to think and do and be just like them.

I’m a little left of center with my humor and how I see the world. Every one is not just like me and If they were the world would be boring.

I stand by my original comment if @jess1 is so worried about her bed being damaged.

3 Likes

400 ibs! This guy is getting fatter as we speak. Let’s say he weighs 1000lbs and ban him because the floor might break!

1 Like

Me and my then bf in 1992 once broke a futon in a room we rented. Not because we were fat or having wild sex. We were reenacting the Goatherd Song scene from The Sound of Music. During the yodelling bit if memory serves me correctly. Forget fatties it’s “No Yodelling Duets in Bed” in my rules from now on.

5 Likes

I got a bad review from an morbidly obese couple 2 years ago.
The man was very tall and must be weighing nearly 200Kg the women was a bit shorter but was also well over 120KG.

All week they were friendly, we even allowed them to bring some guests to visit them.

The day they left, they complained the bed was broken, and they had to sleep on the floor.

Apparently the slats could not bare the weight and we found 3 of them broken in the corner of the room behind the wardrobe.

Those sneaky fat bastards also left a bad review on Tripadvisor complaining about the broken bed.

I do not care if you are overweight, but if the bed really was broken upon arrival, I could have easily fixed it for them. And even if it happened during the stay we could have fixed it or find an other solution.

But saying nothing all week and leave a bad review afterwards is the worst thing you could do a a guest.

1 Like