Noob host: Guest keeps demanding stuff - please advise

Could you explain what you are talking about? It’s not making sense at all.

3 Likes

Can you keep politics out of my thread please?
Start a new one, discuss it there.

Airbnb review system is flawed. If I gave this guest a 2 star rating, he would kick back and give me a 2 or 3. Where in reality I did nothing wrong and deserve a 5.
Does it make sense now?
Look, where I am it’s not something WOW. People try to play smart and try to get away with it.
It’s not like the US.

1 Like

Actually, this isn’t true. They don’t see your review or stars until either they have submitted their review OR it is 14 days after they leave at which time they can no longer leave you a review. This small difference does matter.

8 Likes

No, it does not. This just demonstrates my earlier point that you don’t understand Airbnb.

11 Likes

think you do not understand many things about your duties as an airbnb host, including understanding the your review of this guest is meant to honest and since it is for the hosts who will read it, accurate as to what went on so that other hosts can evaluate this guest.

You also will eventually understand how the review process works - that your review of this guest is not revealed to the guest but only becomes visible after they review you, or after the review period is over, to prevent “giving him a 2 or 3-star or mentioning that he did this won’t affect my well-deserved 5-star review,”… in other words, your review of the guest will be independent of the review they give you.

The experienced folks here are rightfully saddened that “'m sorry if the coming host will have to take it like I did from this guest” because you did not do your duty. It is true that from time to time a host will read egregious infractions like the ones you came here and took our time to complain about as ‘not important’ but when TOS like you discussed are not brought up in a review you do not allow hosts to make that decision.

I am very interested in how a degree in anything impacts us in the airbnb sphere, or gives you some kind of expertise that negates the many years of knowledge and experience offered up to you by the hosts on this forum.

8 Likes

If that is the case, I can contact Airbnb and change it.
But please explain to me thoroughly about how it’s done, because for the first guest, his review sound like he saw mine and responded to it LOL.
I would love to give this guest anything other than 5, but did it for the reasons I stated.

Man I thought the guest sees my review before leaving his.
Take it easy ok?

Guys, please take it easy with the replies so that I’ll focus on contacting Airbnb to fix this.
Thanks in advance,

Please take note of the small shield icon alongside my user name. You’ll also see one by @KKC’s name and that of some others. That means that we are moderators of this site and have zero tolerance towards members who are insulting or are trying to cause trouble.

It seems that you know as little about this forum as you do about Airbnb.

We are all more than happy to help you with and questions or problems you might have but just like other human beings, all members here deserve a bit of courtesy - yes, you included. So please post any genuine questions you might have and we’ll be happy to help.

Regarding the second quote above, this is not your topic. This forum is privately owned and as such, any topic is the ‘property’ of the forum owner, not you.

Thanks.

4 Likes

If you somehow can make airbnb “fix” this, please let us know how you do it. After all, you were told even just now that reviews are double blind, and you do realize that the guest also cannot ‘change’ the review after the fact.

Please when you have time, read the TOS that you signed and agreed to.

2 Likes

I will definitely have Airbnb fix this, you can have my word on that.
I’m on it right now.

Alrighty, I have 48 hours to edit a review.
I’m doing it right now and will post screenshots so that people here can relax :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve removed my jibe at your “MBA.” I was trying to make a joke as your MBA is comically irrelevant in the Airbnb hosting business.

3 Likes

ok, no worries. All good.

Everyone has. It really would serve you well to completely study the Airbnb site before you go off on one about anything. Or search the posts here which are full of genuine practical advice.

Airbnb’s review editing policy:

You can edit a review you’ve written for up to 48 hours after you post it, or until your host or guest posts their own review.

To edit a review:

Go to Profile on airbnb.com
Click Reviews
Select Reviews By You
Find the review you’d like to edit
If it’s been more than 48 hours, or your host or guest has also posted a review, your review can’t be edited or deleted unless it violates our content policy.

2 Likes

Good grief. You got up when exactly in order to be there on time?

Although I am a live-in host, I am often not around at the time the guest leaves, so I just ask him to leave the keys lying on the bed, and close the doors behind him.

99 per cent of the time, this works absolutely fine. No need for me to be around at check-out. Regarding the other 1 per cent (guests leaving with the door wide open, guests accidentally taking the key with them) - well, these things happen. No risk, no fun.

3 Likes

Is that accurate or was I too harsh?