No Inquiry Notifications

This is true for the most part, and I have IB on, but I do think sometimes people (newbies especially) will ask a question first just to see what type of response they get before booking. Often times it’s about something clearly stated in the listing, for instance, my most recent inquiry was, “just wanted to double check that parking is available”. The title of my listing is “Stunning Views - Free Parking”, LOL. Anyway, they did book, I’m assuming they just wanted to see if I would reply or what.

1 Like

Yes, have had this happen periodically with instant notification texts, and could not pinpoint the reason. Sometimes my iPhone also does not give me my voicemails, until I turn it off and restart it. I had thought it was just my phone before seeing this thread.

Let’s not forget there are plenty of crappy hosts with misleading listings out there. Notice they asked if parking is available. There are listings that are free parking…on the street… but no guarantee of a spot.

Oh I never even thought of that…I might need to change my wording.

Same here, about 1/3 of messages only appear in email, not getting push notifications and sms messages. It has been like this for weeks for me. It’s causing stress and I missed two bookings because I didn’t respond quick enough.

But I’m still getting sms for most of the messages, but no push notification from the app at all.

I have tried to disable sms and push notification and re-enable later on. But nothing has worked.

1 Like

Checking my damn emails every hour including waking up at bloody 3 am to make sure I haven’t missed one!
Reviews
Declines
And no notifications…slowly driving me CRAZY!

1 Like

It’s still happening for me, too. I get the follow-ups from Air (Pre-approve now! Uh, I’m on instant book so no need to preapprove…), but not the initial inquiry.

My IB did come through, though.

2 Likes

I swear I think it’s purposeful to push people to IB.

Have not received inquiries via text or SMS or app in weeks. Only by email.

1 Like

I would not be surprised to find out that this is deliberate on Air’s part.

1 Like

It happened again to me this morning for a booking tomorrow. The guest did go ahead and book an hour and a half later, but she had questions that I didn’t answer until she booked. I’m sure that didn’t exactly endear me to her.

Then when I asked for the names of her travel companions (I write a personal welcome note), she was quick to point out that she had already added all of that information when she booked.

Thank you, Air x2.