No Hot Water. Host Not Willing to Give Any Discount or Refund

When I lived in West Africa, rolling blackouts daily at 4pm to about 7pm every night were a way of life…

“I had a faaaarm in Africa…”

3 Likes

Still is … still is😀. At least once a week for a whole day or 2

The host needs to step up his system. Propane is the only way. The rain isn’t going to stop & city power isn’t coming quick. It is a much more reliable choice. Hell, they could have got you garden hose hooked up to a Eco temp L5 + 5 gallon propane tank for the same or less of a price than an refund. A few Shops have hot water heaters on island for $100 ish. Solar sucks in wet tropical areas It sounds like they built off grid all wrong. If the foolish owner can’t hook up the water system to a alternative type of heater god speed. But I wouldn’t give a refund to a guest who wanted to come during the rainy season and stayed in a solar powered box. Buyers remorse isn’t the hosts problem. You both have unrealistic expectation. I think you booked the cheapest place for to many days and probably would have left early anyway because it’s to far from the tourist destinations. No one cares if you leave early. Be nice and pretend you’re tough enough to stay, if your lucky the host might drop the price (refund) per night to reflect a space that is without a shower.