No Feedback but Verified - How to get other guarantee

I’m sure this has been covered before but as I a quite new to Airbnb I don’t know quite how to solve this…

I have an attractive enquiry, one that is for 8 days, and would fill a nice gap in my rental calendar. However the person making the enquiry has no feedback and they been a member since November 2014, but hey are verified by email, phone, Facebook and and offline ID.

I would like to try and ask them to prove themselves before turning them down but don’t know how best to do this.
I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but need to feel confident.

Any suggestions welcome

Peter

Do you mean no reviews?
They probably joined then and never travelled or did travel but weren’t reviewed.
Have you messaged with them? I’ve accepted plenty that have no reviews, we all have to get our first one and often they are very good as they are hoping for a good first review.

Same as @Australia, I accept guests like that all the time, so far turned out very well. It is an inquiry so you do have time to converse.

I accept new-to-Airbnb guests all the time AND I have Instant Book :slight_smile:

No problems as yet. My husband has been a member for quite a few years but has never yet booked Airbnb accommodation. Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

We accept “new” guests all the time as well. They have to start somewhere. Personally I think you’re over-reacting.

You should be given their full name. Then you can do a Google search and check out their social media. Also if they haven’t told you much about themselves, you can request they fill out their profile or tell you through an airbnb message.

You can also ask them if they’ve used airbnb before.

I would wager that at least 90% of my guests are new with no reviews, and they have been great… The new ones don’t have anything to compare me to and think I am the cat’s meow. :smiley:

You don’t say whether you are renting out a separate space, or if the person will be staying with you in your home.

If you are renting out a separate house then you need to ask more questions about the guest and who else will be staying, etc. Many dishonest guests will prey on new hosts who are eager to get some bookings.

Just start a conversation. Say hello, ask what they’re coming to town for and see if they have any questions about Airbnb. If the account is that old, I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s the people who have JUST signed up that I’m wary of.

When you say “prove themselves,” what do they need to prove? (That they’re not crazy? That they’re not bad guests? Or that they can pay?)

Everyone is new once. I always hated not being given a chance since I was new, (did not have enough experience) give them a chance

Like 50% or more of my guests have no review and they’ve all been fine.

Almost all my guests have been 1st timers and they were all great. In fact the only people I haven’t liked were long time airbnbers. Just have a conversation (if you haven’t already) and go with your gut.