Newbie review advice

Don’t mean to hijack but I am curious.
In Canada, this is extremely rare. I love baseball so have always been facsinated by this horrible little indulgence.

What do they do with the tobacco? They chew it? But they don’t swallow it? Then they spit it out? When do people start doing that? Do as many regular Americans proportionate to the American and National league share this pastime? Or is it rare? Why do ball players do it? I have never seen a regular citizen do this in public. Sorry for the naivete. But it’s never come up where I could satisfy my curiousity and not seem rude before! :slight_smile:

What on Earth for? And what would constitute her justification for it??? Strange!

You haven’t noticed that we have strange hosts here?

2 Likes

@Icklemiss
I’m a lifelong nonsmoker so I really don’t know much about the different uses of tobacco. I believe the "chewer " spits the wad of tobacco into a container of some sort after they are done chewing. As I was throwing out the garage I noticed a waterbottle that had been used for the chew. YUK!

1 Like

He was super strange! It was something about being disgusted by people who didn’t share his active lifestyle and not liking the odor of their takeaway food garbage. (ie. fat people shouldn’t exist around him). A tough stance to hold if you also want to sell space in your home to strangers!

That sounds exactly like Steve5500.

Yep! He was a character!

haha :smiley: I know a host who refuses to put cheap microwave in his place because he thinks people should eat healthy, even though “microwave would be good” gets mentioned in almost every of his reviews.

I have no vaping in my house rules because I understand that an oil gets out of the device and floats on to your textiles. Handing them a copy of the rules for signing when they arrive sounds good if it can be done in a nice way.

1 Like

i will not have a microwave. Though it is my house i live in. never owned one.

The lack of communication would bother me, as would the checking out late.

I have in my house rules no tobacco of any kind, including chewing tobacco. I hope most chewers spit into a container, but I have seen them spit on the ground. There is something called the tobacco mosaic virus that affects plants in the nightshade family (potatoes, tomatoes, etc). It can damage crops and ornamental plants. It can be spread by smokers, and chewers of tobacco.

No smoking or chewing on my property and zero tolerance for breaking that rule from me.

I would definitely want to know if they were smokers or chewers.

3 Likes

Thanks for that useful information @Keugenia. I left a truthful review about the lack of communication and the fact that I had to remind them to check out. I did notice that these guests don’t bother to review anyone they have stayed with in the past. I didn’t mention the nasty chew habit.

Why my house rules say “No smoking or vaping of any substance is allowed anywhere on the property.”

2 Likes

Other than a courtesy agreement, there really is no point in getting them to sign it. That may seem a bit heavy handed. Perhaps offer them a refresher printed to read but not to sign.

1 Like

Uhhhh…No, it can’t. Plant viruses do not replicate or cause infection in humans or other mammals. The study was indicating the prevalence of the virus in the human genome only to study the virus and ita pathways or mutations better, not as a conclusion that humans affect the plants. Its only because the study had an available control group (non smokers) that it was ideal for this purpose. This virus is spread from plant to plant.

If we could catch and transmit plant viruses (of which there are millions), the planet would be dead by now.

1 Like

Looks like we’ll have to find another way to accomplish this. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like