Newbie No Shows, think ABB will give them refund? What is your check-in window?And do I leave review?

Actually, they can review if they paid. Once they ask for a refund? Things get a little trickier. I had one couple that canceled due to a death in the family. He didn’t want to cancel and have me out the money, and he was certainly able to leave a review.

2 Likes

P. S. And he left a very nice review actually which included the fact that he had not actually stayed with me. Instead, the review was about how much I helped him before the trip make arrangements. To further clarify, he gave me a bunch of tickets for things he arrange to do while in Boston, and I did send him some money to cover that. He was just a young kid, trying to impress his girlfriend, and appreciated getting some money returned.

3 Likes

ABB doesn’t know they didn’t stay if no one bothered to cancel, so yes @konacoconutz, as @smtucker says, they could leave a review.
If no one cancels, and ABB pays out, they have no way of knowing whether or not the guest actually stayed.
I kept emails to leave a review, I’m sure the guest did also.

And interesting situation: they paid but didn’t show up, so what is there to review? If able to do leave a review then in essence gives them leverage to be able to do leave a bad review in order to get a refund, which should make no sense.

In my particular case, it was well documented in ABB message system that they did not show up, so I can’t imagine that they would try to get a refund considering my policy was strict at the time.
Just another reason to ALWAYS keep communication in the ABB message system.

No kidding brook; a classic example of keeping all communique inside the Airbnb system.

If they left a bad review of you though, you could dispute it since they didn’t stay. If you wanted to leave a review that said, guest was a no-show, and didn’t explain I think that would be justified!

Host +1, Guest 0. You tipped the balance of power toward the host quite successfully kona. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I believe that you can have a review deleted if the guest didn’t stay even if they paid. I have had two such instances: Once a woman Instant Booked for her daughter. I asked her to make sure that her daughter was comfortable with large dogs. Her daughter was not. She verbally abused me for refusing to cancel her reservation. The other time a couple came who were fighting like cats and dogs. They said that they thought we had one large bed, not two single beds. They left without telling me that they were leaving. In both cases I called Airbnb to verify that they wouldn’t be able to write a review. In both cases I was told that if they wrote a review I would be able to have it deleted.

By the way, I’m baking Windmill House Granola as I type. The house smells delicious.

1 Like

This also did happen to me. The guest never left a review, but I left a brief one saying we were sad to not have been able to meet them and hope they are well. They seemingly vanished - odd feeling.