New to AirBnb first booking help

Thank you very much for all you great advice.

I have snoozed the property.

Yes I am in Queensland and have organised a new property manager. I will be on site Friday when the property settlement and hand over will occur and stay there to get things organised.

I will organise correct photos.

The furniture I am replacing is old and it will all be brand new and look much nicer.

All new locks keyless entry and outdoor cameras will be installed.

I will definitely educate myself this week before I get myself in hot water.

Also with regards to pricing, as I don’t want to sell myself short. I will check other listings in the area.

I still have concerns about the old owner having not taken down the property from their platforms.

I am happy to try out pets. I have a $60 cleaning fee added but not sure what else I should put in place?

I will make sure the House Rules are clear.

Feeling alot less crazy today knowing there is so much expertise on this forum. Thank you.

5 Likes

Have you looked for the property on Airbnb or other STR platforms? If so, I’d check the reservation calendar to see if the property is showing as available after your settlement date. If it is, I would contact customer service for the specific platform, and report it. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, though - I can’t imagine how this would be a problem for you if there were bookings on someone else’s account.

Yes. All of that is stated very explicitely in our house rules. We also send a copy in the message thread and ask guests to agree before they arrive.

We couldn’t get access because the dogs were so dangerous. On hindsight we should have called the RSPCA. That would have brought the guests running.
Airbnb still didn’t pay.
Their advice was to rate them poorly for breaking house rules.
You live and learn.

1 Like