New Search Filter Added: Cancellation Policy

@felixcat As I found out yesterday, the hard way, it was a change that was just slipped in. If a guest selects Infants or Children they are not counted in the total.

Yes, do this now! If you are on IB you could have guests and untold numbers of babies and toddlers book for free!

1 Like

I just had an inquiry for 5 adults, an in the conversation the guy mentioned that they may bring 7 ‘kids’ that shouldn’t count toward the fee. I do have a ‘children under 12 years old are free’. Imagine how fast I am changing my previous benevolent policy. Imagine if it was IB.

1 Like

OMG! A party of 12!!!

Yikes! That is awful. Are we hosts or daycare centres?

You know… someone said it here before. In most cases, Airbnb is not a fit with kids…because we are welcoming travelers into our homes!!! A lot of us have HAD kids! Maybe that is we we don’t want to be kid friendly in our old age! “Get off my lawn!!!” :smile: :smile:

1 Like

Update: They asked today if it was ‘ok’ if their kids could bring ‘some’ of their friends. I bet their next question will be ‘What is the size of your boat?’; they are probably hoping it is the size of a military troop transport… They also threw in the ultimate guilt trip - ‘Our kids are so excited’, before I could formulate a response. I now have the unenviable task of debriefing these people and delicately tell them I am not set up to run a summer camp.

Lordy!!! I am sure you have people waiting in line wanting to rent that island and you don’t have to accept any trouble makers!

I hear you. Some inquiries start asking endless exhausting questions and ‘requirements for them to consider it’, that is when I inform them it is booked 1.5+ years in advance, and the 2018 primo dates are already filling up fast; the next communique is usually a lot less huffy. LoL

P.S. It is odd how many people really do not ‘believe’ the AirBnB calendar.

2 Likes

I also get the “Are there sharks in the bay” question.

Hello, yes. They live in the bay and are part of the reef eco-system, and thank god they are. I’ve lived here 24 years, am on the water paddling canoes nearly every other day and I’ve only seen white tips twice in all that time-- and both times they were just cruising by, uninterested in me or my boat.

I get the - "Is there anything in the waters that is dangerous’. ‘Are there pirates?’. Oh boy.

No pirates but Johnny Depp has sometimes been seen around the island. :wink:

How cool. I am oftentimes asked, how close is DeCaprio’s island to mine. His is 2 hrs away by boat, not like he is my next door neighbor. No, he doesn’t hang out by my neck of the ‘woods’. :slight_smile:

P.S. I can’t make up which of those two is the better actor; suffice to say they are both outstanding, in another league all by themselves.

I think Airbnb are putting as many cherries on the cake for a potential buyer as they can before going public. The last twoWeb casts they put on felt like a sales pitch to me.

Funny how this two year old thread was revived talking about the cancellation policy.

The sky is falling in super slo mo.