New Scam (at least to me)

Yes, it really does. It makes our listing especially competitive in a very competive market. Also, Airbnb is all a lot of work isn’t it? And we have to find ways to make it all worth while and having extra dogs in my house (it’s a big house with separate apartments and a shared yard) makes me happy. Also, my dog loves to have someone to play with and we often get playdates out of it and meet some really awesome fellow dog-lovers. I even do check-ins and potty-breaks for free. Call me crazy but it seems like one of the perks of the job to me :woman_shrugging:

And that’s why no infants at my apartments.
Also, the chance of getting feces or urine on stuff is infinitely more likely with infants and also more likely to be on the bed or couch. I don’t particularly care for (or understand) these little dogs who use these “pee pads” but at least they are placed on the floor and not on the furniture.

I think this is legit. As the previous sentence calls infants children

I have read some pretty lengthy discussions on it and it seems that’s the interpretation. It would be my interpretation too. Either way, it does seem fairly common. I’ve heard other people say that it’s in their house rules. But not sure.

Sometimes it’s just nice to be nice, especially when it costs nothing. They were pleasant and undemanding when they asked to store luggage and I suspect the very nice review received would be somewhat different if I turfed them out at 8:15.

Maybe you just missed a smiley in your OP.

JF

OI think this second part is what says I CAN charge. Regardless, if they don’t pay for the infant(s) they won’t stay at my places and if it is less than 5 days before check-in my moderate cancellation policy will earn me some $$ and cost them even more. They are welcome to test my House Rule on that one. I have luckily had Airbnb back me up on this one.

1 Like

I think the use of these “pee pads” is due to lazy owners, personally, but then I do not use those…

1 Like

Oh, I certainly would try to be extra nice if it would work with my schedule. Depending on bookings though, I cannot always do so for free.

I used to feel that way living in warm, sunny El Paso. Then I had a client with a pee pad dog and she explained that in Quebec there are many months of the year where there’s too much snow to really get out anyway. And if I lived in a 4th floor walk up in NYC I’d be lazy too.

I did exactly this but our dog was 85 lbs so there wasn’t really enough square footage for a pee-pad for her :rofl:

Also, she was sooooo good that, once during an insane blizzard, we did try to get her to go inside on some paper and she just would not do it.

Nah. You get used to it really fast. You don’t even notice it after awhile. I had patients in their late 90s living in 4th and even 5th floor walk-ups who went home 15 days after hip replacements. Tough breed.

1 Like

I pay $20 a day to have my 12 lb Rat Terrier boarded and no weekly discount, I think I get a free day and a bath on day 10. Everytime I pick him up I tell him I could get like 3 dogs from the pound for that kinda money. He just wags his tail.

I am SOOOOO close to getting my new listing finished and will allow a dog or two, $20 a day no length of stay discount. I figure I would do it if it was a good set up for my dog and he would not have to stay in the kennel. There is a cost to owning animals especially if you travel.

TT

2 Likes

Heck, I’m 2 years “in the game” and I don’t have back-to-back bookings. But we don’t communicate off the platform, and 8am check-in time is so unreasonable that the guest would be flagged as strange right away.