New listing - comments? thoughts? what would you add?

just launched my new airbnb in St Petersburg, Russia - what are everyone’s thoughts? be brutal! one question is having a person/animal in the shot. i quite like the idea…thought it made it more personal )…thoughts? thanks.

STYLISH APARTMENT OVERLOOKING THE CANALS! - Flats for Rent in Sankt-Peterburg, Russia (airbnb.co.uk)

Nice, lovely place. Photos are great.

But your listing rules are No pets. Why would you have a dog in the photos? Get rid of those, quick.

As for the people in the photos, yes, I think it’s sometimes fine, but not the ones you have. Show the couple relaxing and talking in the living room, or having a glass of wine at the table.

1 Like

yes someone had mentioned that - since you mention it again think the dog will have to go (

Your photos are beautiful.

Definitely no dog – I have a pic of my dog behind a fence captioned “friendly dog may greet you from behind the fence” and one guest just assumed that because they saw a dog, pets were allowed. Guests don’t read!

Plus the dog is so adorable I would be sad if it is not included in the stay.

Agree with having just one or maybe two photos with a couple doing something.

I personally would never claim to be “the most” or “the best” or “luxurious.” Such statements just beg someone to differ “oh, no, you’re not!” and are not necessary given the photos speak for themselves. Some people may not equate minimalist modern design with luxury. You want the guests to draw their own conclusion.

So change “Designed by an interior designer in the modern eclectic style, the apartment is one of the most stylish locations on Airbnb in St Petersburg and affords guests a luxurious place”

to

“This clean, modern apartment in the heart of St. Peterburg affords guests the ideal place” etc.

Is there a pattern to the reviews of your other place that results in the 4.77 or was it a one-off low rating? Average Airbnb rating is 4.7, so if there is something repeatedly mentioned by guests, try to correct in this new place.

1 Like

WOW, looks like something one would see in a design magazine. Absolutely beautiful! I want to stay there : )

Picture quality is great, I agree with others that if it’s not pet friendly, that adorable little Frenchie needs to go. As do the people in the photos. My biggest pet peeve is way too many photos of each room. I think I counted 13 of the living room. I prefer to be able to scroll quickly through a listing to get a feel for it. And group each room together, which I think you’ve done.

1 Like

As someone with animal allergies, I would stop looking at the listing once I saw the dog picture, because I would assume that you and the dog are there at least part of the time, so not interested.

Waaaay too many pix of the living room. I think that more than 3 pix of any room is too many, and one picture of the hall is enough. For the kitchen, a closer view of the cooking area showing appliances and cooking surface helps. The pix with people look accidental and don’t help, folks might think that it’s a shared listing.

Your English writing style is kind of clumsy, which I would expect from someone isn’t a native English speaker, since the idiosyncrasies of English make it hard to simply translate text and make it flow properly for speakers of other languages. You might consider asking someone who is a native English speaker to suggest better way to express your message, or to edit your text.

As others have said, in English mentioning how luxurious the flat is isn’t necessary if the decor carries the same message, and may even deter bookings.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Beautiful photos, well done. I agree that they should be pared down to just the best ones and I would not have any people or pets in the photos.
Also, you have a max of 6 guests but the dining table only has 4 chairs. You should be able to seat all of your guests for a meal. Just my 2 cents.

I don’t like seeing the people in the suite. I want to imagine that I am the only person who has ever been there.

I would like to see a shot of the view from the window. Include the window frame in the photo so that I know it’s the actual view, not a postcard shot.

Lovely place and pics… Is that a Strandmon ikea wing chair?

What camera equipment did you use?

As others have mentioned, I would lose the images of the people and animals.

I feel your pain on this one. My schnauzer was my constant companion. I kept getting requests to bring dogs when my rules clearly stated “no pets”

THEN I saw HIM.

I took a good look at my pictures:
Schnauzer face in a lower corner.
Schnauzer ears bottom of another.
Schnauzer reflected in a mirror.
Schnauzer perfectly seated as if posed in the background

He was such a constant companion I didn’t notice him.

I changed those pics.

1 Like

thanks got rid of everyone )

hi tks, yes it is. sorry dont know about the camera it was a friend of a friend who did it. appreciate your comments. people/dog are gone )

so kind! tks…stay when u want )

1 Like