New Host Help Needed

Ah, ok. I wouldn’t have anything of serious value where guests could get it. But honestly, most people are not going to steal books. In my community I can barely give them away. Over the last 10 years I whittled my collection down from around 1200 to 600+ books. I have about 10-12 in my guest room (about the region or the outdoors or old guide books) and none have gone missing.

1 Like

My guest rooms contain about 280 books. Not one, even the ones marked “take to enjoy on your trip home,” have been taken. However, if your books are more special, that room should be off-limits.

Theft has simply not been an issue for me. At all.

2 Likes

Seriously, you can’t give them away!

2 Likes

Ok great, I actually read hosts complain about theft so I was concerned

I have several books up there that are worth in the $500 range! And, the people who talk about those books are the most interesting. But yea, otherwise, you can’t give them away.

1 Like

Ok guys, thank you so much. Anyone viewed my listing? You can view similar ones as well in my area Arima. Our listings are very simple not as beautiful and extravagant as the ones I see here. IT is just simple accommodation.

Not only that, your friends would have to pay Airbnb for the listing.

I think your space looks lovely, I am actually quite surprised that it is only £20 per night! I have put you in my favs lists for future holidays :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to say your front photo looks a bit grim - can you choose something brighter, eg a view from the accommodation? And what’s that peculiar amethyst-coloured stuff in the wine glasses? - it looks like detergent!

It is wine in the glass! Lol! Bout the detergent. .:frowning:…yea i took pics with my phone camera…am not a great photographer

Breakfast is included as well for the price.

What do u expect in a wine glass? Fruit lunch? Detergent? Lmao

It really does look wierd and like detergent and not wine at all.

1 Like

Lolz non alcoholic wine cocktail

Maybe the reason that you don’t have any bookings through AirBnB is because your calendar has already been taken by reservations through other websites? How long do people book on average through the other websites? Maybe you’re in a place where people want to stay for a week, and you don’t have full weeks left in your calendar? Low season? Too early? I am just thinking out load.

Apart from that, a first good review will help things along. Just have a friend or family member book, best someone who can’t be traced easily back to you. Although I don’t think AirBnB will go searching for connections anyway.

On your listing: It looks very tidy and neat. Personally I’m not that fond of all the black and purple because it isn’t what I would be expecting on a tropical island. But it looks good and for the price point you’re at, I would be happy to stay !

I think there is general consensus here that your cocktail looks quite distasteful. I’m sorry but that photo isn’t doing your listing any favors. Maybe in general you need some better quality pictures: wide-angle and sharp.

A continental breakfast is that a muffin and some coffee? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanky you. I would remove the cocktail pic. Also the decor was just aimed at modern n a bit lively not tropical. There are many tropical aiebnb’s …more nature scene views, near beaches stuff like that so we didnt go for that look.

We didnt cater for persons looking for a vacation spot since the room is small and our area is more city. We dont have a pool etc. There are many resorts here n on airbnb.

The breakfast items will be breads, pastries, eggs, sausages, jam, butter, oatmeal coffee tea, juices etc. Local options as well for longer stays.

I removed the pic of the wine. I only hav an s5 phone to snap pix and my hard is sooo nervy. I would try to get someone to snap me pix. Well the decor remains as we did a more modern feel and also to standout against our competitors nearby. Yall can check rooms in Arima; that will be my competitors.

Maybe my calender is a prob. It is only 2wks in november available, 1 week in january available. I do have bookinga in february as well.

Thanks for all the help. Any more constructive critism welcome.

That sounds like a wonderful breakfast :star_struck:! That is much more than a continental breakfast. At least in my comprehension of the word “continental breakfast”.
Make sure to calculate your costs, so that you will actually be making some money.

2 Likes

Lol only airbnb I have such a low price lol. I am actually re thinking even using it. The reservations I have are all above 30usd.

So just pull up your price. Something that’s too cheap could also cause suspicion in guests.