New Host Help Needed

Hey guys, as a new host, all am seeing is views which is probably me. How do you get bookings and to reach high in the search :frowning:

Help anyone.

If you are a brand new host you are currently getting a boost in the search results. If you post a link to your listing we can tell you what if anything in it appears to be hindering your ability to get bookings. If you are a new enough poster that you canā€™t post links here please send it to me in a private message and Iā€™ll let you know what I think.

You may need to price under market until you get a few reviews. Many travelers will be reluctant to book a place without reviews. Probably against Airbnb policies, but could have friends book and review.

This is my listing. It is opened from September as I am currently doing work on the outside.

I think i messed up the link before but this is it. I priced it under my competition.

We canā€™t see your listing until it goes live. Neither of these links worked.

1 Like

The listing says listed :frowning: I donā€™t know why give me a second

It is very much against Airbnb policies. If you do so and are found out you will be banned from Airbnb.

As a ā€œkosherā€ alternative, if you know any current Air hosts, ask them to give you a referral.

1 Like

CandyCane ā€“ go look at (not edit) your listing, and copy the address above where it says http: and ends with a number that is your unique identifier. The post the whole string here ā€“ thatā€™s how we can see your listing.

New enough posters can even less easily use the PM than post a link. Maybe if you PMā€™ed this person, they can reply. But they canā€™t initiate a PM.

On a different browser - with you not logged in to Airbnb, search for accommodation in your area pretending to be a guest and when you spot yours, open it, itā€™ll be a much longer link than just https://airbnb.com.

1 Like

While we wait for a chance to see your listingā€¦

You say the listing isnā€™t available until September. Maybe thatā€™s why you arenā€™t getting booked yet. Combined with your lack of reviews maybe your listing will attract more of a last minute kind of guest. Iā€™ve been doing this 3 years and have over 250 reviews and I just got my first September reservation yesterday.

Hi Ken,

That is actually what I did :9

I will try again. I have a library, how do I prevent theft

Theft of what? Your books?

1 Like

We still havenā€™t seen your listing so hard to help.

If no one books your place, no theft will occur.

2 Likes

Haha I have alot of bookings, not from airbnb though.

See if you can see it here.

Karma, be nice lol. I am booked for the rest of the year just not 1 from airbnb

Yes, my books and dvds