New here - TX - help requested

@BumbleBee Debra, I have two units in the same building. One faces a multilevel parking garage and has no terrace. The other offers a terrace and offers a lovely view. Surprisingly, even without a terrace or a view, there is a demand for the apartment facing the multilevel garage. I suppose the folks who are coming to visit family, work or study, are not particularly interested in a view if it means getting an economical stay.

1 Like

I’ve just joined and want to share and warn hosts of an experience whereby guests stayed 11 days with two dogs then extended their stay three days then trashed my house then quickly complained to Airbnb false allegations I had live cameras in the bedroom and through the house! Even though I have a Police Report Airbnb have suspended my account! Airbnb won’t hive me their NZ address so I can serve Court Documents on them for Damages and because of the stress level of wrongfully being accused and my income cut I left the gate open and my 14 year old dog was the victim of a hit and run and is fighting for her life… cost so far $5000 another $5000 for life threatening operations to come!

I’ve just joined and want to share and warn hosts of an experience whereby guests stayed 11 days with two dogs then extended their stay three days then trashed my house then quickly complained to Airbnb false allegations I had live cameras in the bedroom and through the house! Even though I have a Police Report Airbnb have suspended my account! Airbnb won’t give me their NZ address so I can serve Court Documents on them for Damages and because of the stress level of wrongfully being accused and my income cut I left the gate open and my 14 year old dog was the victim of a hit and run and is fighting for her life… cost so far $5000 another $5000 for life threatening operations to come!

I truly hate your dog is suffering. I hope she recovers.

The wrongful accusations topic has been discussed several times. The last minute scams to get free stays like amenities not available or host rule breaking like cameras are all over the internet.

I’m not very successful with the search topic functionality. Perhaps some one else can pull those postings that may have value.

Expect the dialog to be blunt.

A few points to clarify:
-did you approve the presence of the dogs & 3 day extension?
-Did you take pictures of the damage? Was it damage or condo left dirty?
-You left the gate open so the dog could get out; not the guests?
-Did you attempt to provide Airbnb with a copy of the police report & file under the host guarantee (rarely pays out) before going directly after the former guest?

Please read the other posts for ideas of how to deal with this. As quickly as you can join VRBO or other booking platform so you can keep renting.

If you have their phone number there are services which can trace it back to the owner. The police may will do it to add to your report.

Hang in there. Btw I’m one who says, “your beloved dog is is in my thoughts & prayers” and means it.

I think people will not initially pay extra for views, but they will pay for excellent reviews. If your guests get there and feel like they have the best condo in the complex, they will more likely be happy and leave a good review, and want to return to your specific listing and not another one.

If you’re going to be there for a while, and especially if you’d enjoy the view yourself, I’d say pay for it.

I think you’ll also see a benefit when it’s time to sell.

1 Like

Yes, a view will be an advantage depending on your market, location and promotion.

One of our apartments has what I like to think of as the best view for miles around. The other, although only steps from the first, does not have a view. The first one is generally booked up for a year in advance. The second, although larger with more modernisation (yet the same price) takes a bit more work to ensure year-round occupancy.

There are two chief reasons why I said that location is important.

The first is that this area has a good supply of art fairs, art venues and art & design events. So it’s easy to promote to painters, photographers, sculptors, designers etc. who love to paint or photograph or simply appreciate the view.

Secondly it’s in a really peaceful and quiet location so ideal for people who need somewhere to study, to write or any activity where they want peace and quiet.

Then there are people who have chosen the apartment for the usual reasons (close to the beach, great reviews, near to restaurants and shopping, close to the wedding they are going to etc.) but who see the view as a real bonus and often mention it in their reviews.

Often when I greet people they tell me about their plans for the time that they’re in the area and then when they leave say that none of those things had happened - they’d spent a lot of the time just relaxing and enjoying the view. :slight_smile:

1 Like

totally agree on that! I would definitely pay in this situation as well.