New guy looking for insight about soap and shampoo and more

It sounds like Dream Box could be a great solution for you! Starting at just $3, Dream Box delivers an individually packaged box of little bath amenities at your doorstep. Each box also has a personalized note for your guests! You can get a free sample box here.

You have to be joking. I almost fell off the bed laughing at the hilarious graph with two boxes along a line that showed hospitality costs without dream box-$15, with dream box - $3. Although I couldn’t see these 'dream boxes because your shopping link doesn’t work, I have seen these cheap toiletries for sale in a million places, for far less than you are charging to put them in a box with sheep on it. Those really cheap overly scented detergents, bad soap and cheap moisturizer in ugly little plastic bottles that cause so much wastage are not something my guests would find luxurious. To get into the decent product ranges, something more organic and less chemical, I do know the small bottles cost $10-15 per guest, because I researched this heavily.

I have settled on a much cheaper and better option I believe. I provide big pump bottles of great organic toiletries from my local health food store. They are a great brand, nicely scented only with essential oil (lavender which almost everyone likes), and which I keep nice and full. I find that many people like to use their own products anyway - I wish some wouldn’t as I am really sensitive to all the cheap perfumes in drug store and supermarket products as the scent is so overwhelming and lingers for days after a guest leaves, but it’s just a part of hosting. I open the windows. Therefore the products last a long time, but are appreciated and suit the aesthetic of our home. I provide beautiful handmade face cloths and nice towels. They also make the bathing experience great. There is no need to spend more than a few cents on products for guests. I use doctor bronners for hand soap in a nice pump at the basin. People are always happy.

1 Like

I’ve just started out. Been giving free samples got from hotel.
Wondering what to give out next lol

Wow Waking up to nicely brewed coffee sounds awesome! How much do you charge a night?