New Feature? Or bug

Oh yes! Is he still on? I LOVE his bits about Americans. The one where he talked about the little known fact that Canadian own mining rights to Mt Rushmore – remember that? Or that the Canadians have a white house like USA but it is an igloo! Or how the Canadians finally went on the 24 hour day – it had been 23 hours in Canada till then. OH-- and the Saskatchewan freedom fighters.

On and on, with people at Harvard saying how they’ve been following this.

Americans just don’t want to admit when they don’t know. They follow along. SAD!

1 Like

I don’t watch TV, so not sure, but I used to watch it when I lived in Canada. But many, if not all, the “Talking to Americans” segments are available on youtube.

I liked the one where they read a fake proclamation that all Canadian seniors were going to be put on ice floes. The interviewees said they thought that was just terrible and Canada should definitely reverse that decision.

Or the one about “the ferry scandal” in Saskachewan- how they were charging so much for people to ferry across to the mainland.

1 Like

Ha, there’s lots of channels like this on YouTube and I always have a giggle.

1 Like

We are driving today from Sydney to Adelaide hills. A cheeky 1200kms. Mostly farmland and plains. Just about to stop for our last decent coffee for 500kms.

1 Like

I once had a Canadian guest family who lived in Canberra. They turned up in Melbourne with a drip filter coffee machine in the car. I have drunk plenty of drip filter coffee working in America and consider it to be slightly better tasting than dishwater. I guess she just didn’t like the Italian coffee in Melbourne. They also gave me my second worst review.

1 Like

When my daughter, husband and baby came to visit a couple years ago, they brought their own coffee making device, albeit it’s just a small manual press, not a machine. Apparently it’s the only coffee-making method that doesn’t result in a stomach-ache for my daughter.

1 Like

Frankly the coffee we got in Hay, middle of nowhere, was easily on par with the coffee we got in the USA on our last trip in 2018.

Australia really has embraced cafe culture, it’s really excellent and even the “terrible” places are not so bad.