New Extenuating Circumstances Policy? Please tell me I'm reading this wrong

EDIT: Apologies for the repeat post. The email I received came in this morning - not sure why. Also I searched the forum for this topic but didn’t see it hence my “new topic”. Please delete this thread.

I received an email this morning about this. Anyone else? New EC policy for guests/hosts starts on 1/20/21.

So if I need emergency surgery, my roof caves in, or my utilities go out I can no longer cancel a reservation under EC?
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1320/extenuating-circumstances-policy

What is not covered

Everything else . This Policy only allows for cancellations for the Events described above. Everything else is excluded. Examples of situations that this Policy does not allow cancellations for include: unexpected disease, illness, or injury; government obligations like jury duty, court appearances or military duties; travel advisories or other government guidance (that fall short of a travel ban or prohibition); cancellation or rescheduling of an event for which the reservation was made; and transport disruptions unrelated to a covered Event like road closures, as well as flight, train, bus and ferry cancellations…

Let’s keep any further discussion in the original topic.

Cheers @Brian_R170 and come on you, keep up @yecatsr :stuck_out_tongue:

JF