New cleaning protocol going mandatory!

We’ve all seen the stories about a lot of recycling not being truly recycled. Still products that break down faster once they are in the landfill are better than plastics that take longer to break down.

4 Likes

Even if some cardboard is too dirty or whatever, to recycle, the 3 R’s are Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle, in that order. So finding a way to reuse something is preferable to sending it to the recycling depot.

Cardboard can be used as fire starter (and the grease on those pizza boxes will give it an added boost :wink:), it can be laid down in garden paths and around plants to keep the weeds down and conserve moisture, and of course if one has a compost box, it can be composted.

4 Likes

1st world problems!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

where is this located so that I can sign up?

Do a search for Airbnb Enhanced Cleaning Initiative and you’ll find lots of information.

well, I did, as many people do, make a ‘search’, but did not find the specific answer:

Where is my link to sign up on this?

[https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/cleaning/edu]
Not sure how to put links here, hopefully this works for you.
It’s rolling out for US first.

I still would like the link or where I can agree to or sign up before November 20th. I appreciate linking me to something to talk about this, but sadly it does not offer A specific path to signing up so that Airbnb knows I am providing this protocol, which apparently needs to be done before November 20

I don’t know what else to suggest. Did you click Get Started? Did you get as far as Start the Quiz? I don’t want to sign up yet, so I didn’t do the Quiz.

1 Like

I have a self set minimum of 3 days between guests.
It seems safer and healthier for my guests and myself.

3 Likes

I’m closed anyway as Conwy County in North Wales is in Lockdown and no-one may come in or leave without a valid excuse. I have had to ask 4 guests to cancel and Airbnb actually asked me to prove we were in Lockdown! I had to scan in an official local notice!! Don’t they read the news?

2 Likes

Airbnb is worldwide and there are literally 100s of thousands of national, state and local jurisdictions that might have the power to mandate lockdowns. And Airbnb has cut staff. So my guess is no, they don’t read news.

You can’t expect Airbnb to keep abreast of lockdowns in every area all over the world, which can change daily.

1 Like

I bought some expensive UVC Ozone lights, which kills 99% of virus and they say Covid too.
I deep clean, then use them afterwards.
I have had so many bookings saying they came to our place because I had them.
They have them at smartuv.shop.

2 Likes

Is this a veiled attempt at advertising your business? If so, spam isn’t welcome here.

absolutely not a veiled attempt - i have an airbnb, 5 star rated, the past 2 years here in utah.
i was trying to send all a nice product that i bought and is very useful.
didn’t know the chat room was so hostile to nice tips ?

2 Likes

Not hostile at all, just very wary of anyone using this site as a business source or to promote a product.

Nope, not hostile to tips at all. But the thing is, there are often posters who show up on a hosting forum for the first time and if their first post has a link to where to buy something, it often is a case of them coming on to promote something they have a stake in. And if those were allowed to stand, the forum would just be full of spam.

I asked the question, I didn’t accuse you. Don’t take it personally, and of course real hosts are welcome to share tips.

2 Likes

I highly doubt Airbnb will enforce a 24 hour between stay mandate. They would lose millions nationally and globally. They don’t want that any more than anyone else.

By the way, the FDA cautions about expecting UVC Lights to eliminate the Covid-19 virus. It says: they may "be effective in inactivating the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is the virus that causes the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) . . . However, currently there is limited published data about the wavelength, dose, and duration of UVC radiation required to inactivate the SARS-CoV-2 virus.” It also cautions about the dangers of using such lights.

Read more from the FDA about these lights: FDA article

Honestly, if certain lights were known to defeat SAFS-CoV-2 virus, I’m certain the US president would have (1) bought into the company and (2) promoted the heck out of it.

6 Likes