New change in Reviews: Isn´t Airbnb too obsessed with DATA?

I think we ALL should take action and contact Airbnb about it.
It is stressful enough. It’s actually making me think of advertising on other sites.

Calling them will do nothing, as you just reach a call center…The CSR might say they will pass on feedback but I doubt they do. You have to reach someone in the position to actually do something.

I think when they send out a feedback survey, that might be the time to do it, unless anyone has a direct way to reach the company. I truly do hate this new feature. It’s really a pointless metric.

1 Like

You could always look up the power players on LinkedIn and send them some feedback there.

1 Like

Sending your objections via email actually does help - when they tried out that thing where they listed “highlights” and randomly quoted 5 reviews of their choice, I complained and they took it down.
Squeaky wheel baby, everyone write in!

4 Likes

Give the email address!

I’m not sure about this. I complained myself too because there were picking up my worst reviews and put them at very top like if those were the most representative of my place (those reviews have more than a year and some of them 3-4 years). I start seeing this feature going back and forth. Sometimes I only see the reviews disordered and other times I see those crazy tags above them to pick up the ones they choose as our best.

I guess the point Airbnb is trying to prove is that they own us. They can do whatever they want with our listings no matter how angry we are. They make this experiments to see how it bumps their revenue, and if does it then they have green light ot release the change. If in the process there are users affected about this, it doesn´t matter as long as in the global scene things look better for them.

I don´t know guys. I just think that this are MY reviews. I earned them with a lot of work and care. I have put effort on making a top experience for my last week guest and would like to have their review at the very top insteadf of one from someone that came 3 years ago when my place was totally different and I wasn´t trained on hosting as I am now. I really don´t like Airbnb sniffing on them.

1 Like

well, they apologised to me and took the app off the page, so for me it worked.

(I just emailed host-customer service service on the airbnb contact page)

1 Like

Wow!! Thank you! I will do the same!

I’m not sure how this % of recommendations is going to be used … maybe just as one more data point to get guests to book and to review. I haven’t heard anything about it period until now – and if it will be used in Superhost evaluations.

I checked it on my listings:
It shows on this one: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2138148
45 Reviews (all 5-stars) 100% of guests recommend this place

It does not show on this one – https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2739866 (34 reviews, all 5-stars)

It does not show on this one – https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3112180 (18 reviews, all 5-stars)

Maybe there is a numeric threshold that you must reach (like more than 40 reviews)???

Who knows – Lia

Maybe they will take a path like Groupon and send everyone an email with a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down and then full reviews will be for the more zealous travelers. You just vote Up or Down and then it takes you to a page to optionally give a review. It will likely get more feedback from those who don’t have time or desire to write a review. The only issue is that guests also need reviews…