New cancellation policies... and increased host fees!

Hey Arlene, that would definately be a better option.

What sort of property do you have @Rose_Vickers that is eligible for the super strict policy.?

It’s a two bedder on Bowery in downtown manhattan… it’s a beautiful apartment with 22 perfect five star reviews. I am already talking to One Fine Stay about the switch and doing that application.

That’s interesting; thanks for letting us know.

Many us have hundreds of five star ratings going back a number of years and I didn’t realise that was a critieria. I thought it was around special circumstances such as those who have harder to reach properties such as on an island.

Can you give us some more information about the special circumstances Airbnb used as a criteria to decide that your listing could be considered for the policy?

I think you may just ask and you will receive. You have to pay more though.

Funny how today’s super strict used to be the old moderate. Sigh.

I’m not sure it is @konacoconutz - as on other forums people are saying they asked for super strict but were told they didn’t qualify.

It’s a shame @Rose_Vickers didn’t come back and clarify particularly when she said she would be happy to answer questions about how she applied for the status.

Could be the typical customer service story @helsi, just depends on what way the wind is blowing on the day you call.

Worth a try in any event.

1 Like