Needed: Antidote for Smell

not sure if you know how chat forums and manners work

2 Likes

Nothing worse than smelly pillows.

Normal turns include tumbling them on hot for 30 minutes and sterilizing the covers. It’s also nice to hang them on the line afterwards.

Smelly pillows are as above plus detergent and bleach. I always have extras too.

Dead pillows are useless unless you want to take them to the hunt camp up north and throw them on the bonfire, which is great fun!

We have a similar story that turned out to be coming from the unit in the complete opposite corner of an 8 unit building and wafting into our Airbnb.

this thread would have quite a different feel, if it was about, say, Swiss people smelling, or other specific races! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmmm! Interesting…I worked at a nursery for a period of time and so I do know that flowers or shrubs/trees that appear to be things of beauty at first glance, can be stanky. LIke the famous Cat pee bushes or even lilies and roses. Nature is an amazing work of art and science!

1 Like

Oh God. I’m buying new ones tomorrow after reading this!

Where do you get yours?

Mine are nice down ones (about $50) that I never felt like replacing continuously. But now I think real cheapies are in order for the suite.

The last lot were from Amazon. Although I like to get reasonable quality, because I change them pretty often I don’t go for the truly expensive ones. I’ve used Bed Bath and Beyond in the past too - cheap but good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this issue is entirely made up ? The improper responses from the OP is just plain unacceptable . Testosterone Smell is not going to linger unless its base molecule has bonded to some surface . So unless this is a Mens Lockerroom its most likely not the culprit . Btw, Estrogen could be the root cause , as it increases the production of it . So its not caused just by Men. Also , the smell of it varies from person to person , as some perceive it as being a musky odor and others sense a slightly sweet scent .

The Most likely culprit is MOLD . You don’t have to believe my word for it , check with any Mold or Water Damage repair experts or your local DPH . There are several life cycles that can be happening in addition to what type of Mold it might be .

Mod’s take note , that you have allowed this poor behavior from the OP . this is the number one reason why I really avoid this group and have stop contributing and have seriously given thought to just leaving entirely .

No Need to Reply Dia

1 Like

You are entirely serious, aren’t you?

Well, duly noted.

1 Like

Bye Felishia …

1 Like

at least we’ve moved on from this :slight_smile:

1 Like