Need help with responding to negative review please

I actually accepted a guest with a negative review after he explained his side of the story. I think he was so grateful that he went above and beyond to leave the home in great shape, just to prove he was a good guest.

So I do agree that it’s nice to see a response to a negative review. It works both ways.

2 Likes

I’ve only responded to one review and it was from the Italian couple who thought they were getting an entire apartment with a full kitchen for $40 a night. Even though no kitchen was pictured, or listed as an amenity and the room was listed as private room rather than entire place.

I don’t know if it was a language issue or if they were just entitled folks used to getting their way but at their insistence I vacated my own kitchen, my friend and I decamped to the back patio and I let the Italians use my kitchen and dining area for about 2 hours to “warm up their soup.”

I responded to confirm that in fact, there is no kitchen in the listing. If I had it to do over I wouldn’t respond. Since they are from Italy their reviews is at the bottom of my listing for most my US guests.

2 Likes

Entitled for certain as they did not show gratitude but instead dissatisfaction. They should have given highest marks for your gracious accommodation of their error. Good grief :roll_eyes:. I’d have been super embarrassed and sheepish to ask something like that, especially after realizing it was my error.

1 Like

I prefer those with a sarcastic reply.

3 Likes

exactly, i neeever respond to reviews. Its difficult but by time its become easier.

“noisy in the streets”-- there was one day festival only one day a year.
" expensive" – Its new years so yes. This day it was.

Ignore it. With this sentence " Robes are not complimentary so don’t take them or you will be charged." it is very clear what kind of person wrote this and I would dismiss this as a potential guest as it speaks more to that reviewer than your property. Since when are robes complimentary anywhere? What an entitled piece of work lol. Especially followed up with what they told you - there’s no way.

1 Like

Here is my snarky reply

Thank you for letting future guests know not to steal the robes, although up until your stay we had never needed to spell that out for a guest.

10 Likes

I’d recommend checking if you can use Airbnb’s “no parties” policy, assuming you have that house rule checked, to get the review removed, especially if you also have messaging evidence of your communication to corroborate their own admission that you complained about their party (important to use the right language). You can also try the “circumstances beyond the host’s control” content policy qualifier for the bathrobes. Just need to find one rep who finds your dispute basis credible.

1 Like