Need help - should I add another bathroom

I would say the more bathrooms… the better. In fact, lack of an additional bathroom may have reduced the number of inerested renters. Yes it will also add value to your property. So if you can afford it… do it. That’s my $.02’s worth

2 Likes

@QueenAleta Thanks so much for your $.02 and it is priceless. Yes I am convinced but now I need to convince my husband, we shall see! Warmly!

1 Like

Yes to the bathroom addition. There is a good chance, as others have stated, that you may attract a wider group of renters if two couples can each have a bathroom. As well, depending on your area, you will most likely recoup the full cost of an added bathroom when/if you sell your home. Even better that it will be attached to a bedroom, as home buyers LOVE ensuite baths.

Thanks @Chloe - really appreciate your comments and I am now on the way to convincing my husband which will probably not be too hard since I thing he will see it will really help increase our market.
Well I will start planning the bathroom!

What is the opinion if adding a 2nd bathroom means having to take over a closet in a bedroom (and perhaps add a free-standing wardrobe)? What trumps what (bathroom vs storage)?

Way old topic, almost as old as my socks, therefore closed. At least it’s not as smelly.

@negleyd most of the members here are no longer active, either find a more recent topic or start your own, when you can.

JF