Need help: dealing with a complaining guest who never checked in

So: an update. Had a long conversation with someone at air last night. She immediately started the conversation with “I understand you want to resolve something, so you want to put a one day refund through? I’m happy to do that.”

Ugh. So I tell her the whole story, she is unfazed. I remind her of the fact that the place cannot be unlike the pictures, because they were taken by an Airbnb photographer. And that I never said to not adjust the air. Ask her to please look at the messaging string, as I even copied everything there, for air to see.

They didn’t care. They are clearly on the side of the guest, at all times. Though, at no point did she SIDE with the guest; she understood that I just wanted them to cancel so as to not be able to leave me a bad review when they never stayed.

So, to end it, I finally did agree to refund them the second night, AGAINST my cancellation policy. I had actually offered to refund in accordance with my cancellation policy, but to also refund them the cleaning fee, since she never checked in. Air said no review would happen.

She said they would only refund the guest the $115 for the second night.

I got an email later that night after I got off the phone saying that, in accordance with my cancellation policy “we will refund your guest $0.”

So, the saga still continues…

I did say that I want her account to be flagged, and her daughter’s too, as I think this is typical. She said I can do that somehow?

Yes – go to their profile and you will see a place to flag.

1 Like

When they arrived, it was maybe 80 degrees outside. It was not hot. And we generally do, but just to 78, because why cool the whole place for a day for no reason?

Just communicate, people! I LIVE UPSTAIRS!

Sweet. Thanks, I will do that now. And post in bad guest lounge, if @konacoconutz has another one going!

Haha love it!
Written wins out over verbal.

1 Like

Arrrrghhh, I hate it when they try to guilt you into partially refunding when you did NOTHING wrong. You held the place for the guest and they bailed. They did that with my dengue freaking guest. I did NOT cave. I held my ground. I’m not inclined to refund a penny, I told them. Sorry. No refunds. I do not have dengue here. The island has a few isolated cases of dengue, I will not refund. Period.

What is the worst that can happen? Nothing, no one stayed, no bad review. You will never hear from the guest again, so good riddance.

1 Like