Need help crafting review that won't get me sued

Be sure to retell the story when you post the profile pic. We want to save these profiles in perpetuity!

1 Like

I am trying to figure out how to post it, been that kind of day!

Simply take a sceenshot of her profile and post with the story. If you cannot do the screenshot then post the link and one of us will do it. :smile:

1 Like

Would you be able to add me too please?

This says everything it needs to, though you could start things off with @Garden1Gnome 's line “such and such items were missing after she left” . Agreeing with others about reporting it to Airbnb and see if they’ll cancel her account. A thief shouldn’t be allowed into any other homes. Boo hiss!

1 Like

Helsi, please PM me with your listing number then I can add you!

I agree, @Superhostess - no one really wants all that detail. Something simple. “This was a deplorable guest. She trashed my room, was uncommunicative and rude, and all of my towels, toiletries, and a bathrobe were missing after she checked out.”

4 Likes

@Superhostess, Margaret, I would make it brief and to the point. Also, I would contact the police and make a report particularly if she had a chance to steal anything you have not detected yet. I’m so very sorry this happened to you.

2 Likes

What do I need to do to be added to the Bad Guest lounge? I assume this is a thread.

Same here - I would like to join, and have a few guests to add.

Thanks, done. Let’s hope she gets removed.

Host always, just PM me with your listing number

Is you Bad Guest list US or global? Great idea by the way.

Oh heck it’s global! The BGL does not discriminate! Far and wide, high and low… The BGL reveals all… Those who should never darken the door of us decent hosts. :smile:

1 Like

I had a guest damage a bedspread one time. I reported it to Airbnb, and the deducted the cost from her security deposit and paid me. It was a pretty painless process.
I didn’t need a police report, but perhaps that’s because I was able to photograph the damage and send it to them, whereas it’s impossible to photograph the non-presence of stolen items, so maybe they just want the police report to document your story.

Whether or not you get any money out of the deal, the best potential outcome is that they deactivate her account, which helps future hosts.

1 Like

If she were to sue, it would be based on whether you have significant assets based on a background search, not whether she has money to hire a lawyer. If you have assets, the lawyer takes the case on contingency.

I would file a police report, and pursue things from there. Even if the police never investigate, the report serves to document the issue.

Also: think about whether you give guests physical keys or a numerical/electronic code that can be changed when they check out. You wouldn’t want her to come in and rob your future guests…

1 Like

oh, there’s a list of people to avoid ? Could i have viewing privileges pls

1 Like