Need advice! Unexpected toddler a daytime guest

Yes, and that should be known by all Hosts. This year is the first year people have acted surprised that their toddler needed to be listed as a guest! I noticed that recently more people who don’t understand “peer to peer” renting have begun using Air BnB. This new group of users are thinking of us as motels or hotels who must rent to all no matter what. “peer to peer” is different, totally different!

Yes, this is the worst you can allow to happen. Early check in puts pressure on you to turn the room over, and takes up time in the middle of the day. I had an older couple message me saying they would be arriving at 5:00PM. So I was shocked out of my mind when I answered the back door at 12:30PM wearing my sweat pants and soaked in sweat from my work out, with the kitchen still messy and their room not fully prepared. I looked at them and ask “What”? Oh, we are your guests, we got in early and we want to shower. “Now”? I told them I was not ready at all for them, but since they were there they might as well move in. Lucky for them they didn’t complain about an unready room or me in my state, if they had, I would have black balled them in the reviews. Giving 1’s and a full on attack.

I think it’s been Cabin who has said that toddlers and AirBnB really are not a good fit in many cases…For the reasons you mention James.

I will take one adult and one older child… That’s worked out fine for me in the past. And I would do it again.

The early check in AMBUSH!!! That’s a big no-no!!!

1 Like