Need Advice about monthly fees for managers

Hello everyone, I’m new to this site and I was offered to manage a 2bdr 2bath. The owner is offering a 10% commission plus a monthly flat fee. I will be in charge of the complete maintenance of the house from scheduling repairs to cleaning to restocking anything that’s needed. Taking care of the tenants during their stay if anything goes wrong or is needed.
Can anyone please advise as to what is a good monthly rate to charge for managing.
The property will be posted as airbnb all the time. And is located I’m the Austin Tx Area.

10% seems a bit cheap to me. I would suggest offering to do it for 35% and settle for no less than 25% , unless the listing is underpriced then just say no.

RR

are you doing the cleaning and laundry? Or just coordinating ? Seems low, but super low if you are doing the cleaning as well.

Yes I will be doing the cleaning as well, but that will be a separate fee, she wants to pay a flat monthly fee for managing plus 10%commission, I am clueless as to what the monthly fee should be since she will only be paying 10% commission on top of the flat monthly fee.

Thank you very much for your response.

How much is your time worth? If you can estimate how many hours per month will be involved, then you need to decide what your effective hourly rate will be and charge accordingly. I would NOT do it for a flat fee, I would charge an hourly fee instead.

1 Like

I think it depends on how booked her calendar is. Does she accept one night bookings? Will you only have three hours to clean between checkout and check in? If the apartment is booked a lot, that’s more work so you should ask for more money.