Neat feature with smartbnb

We have been looking into different options and saw this today. Pretty nifty feature.

1 Like

Only for those hosts who who expect poor reviews.

A far simpler solution is to provide a product that doesn’t put you in that position.

JF

3 Likes

What I dislike about this is the term “negative review”. If people thought in terms of “honest review”, rather than negative or positive review, there would be a lot more honest reviews out there. There are too many hosts who shy away from leaving any review of a bad guest because they can’t bring themselves to “be mean”, when in fact, you can usually find at least something good to say about someone along with whatever was unpleasant.

And a lot of hosts who don’t seem to be able to handle guests mentioning something that they legitimately felt needs to be improved- they seem to think every guest should be required to give them a 5* totally glowing review or it’s a “negative” review.

4 Likes

Merely mentioning it, so folks are aware. IMO, it is nice that someone created a way for Hosts to have neg reviews automatically posted 20 sec before the 14 day limit. Most of us are pretty busy, and this is convenient vs. manually pasting close to the deadline, where the window may be missed.

We have never needed it. Hopefully, most of us do not. It is nice that the option is available, if someone is interested.

1 Like

It’s interesting how these Airbnb software support companies respond to the feedback they see on forums like this and then develop functionality in response.

As a member here Pierre at SmartBNB is well aware of concerns hosts have raised around this issue.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Dan_Parsnick . no need to delete your comment @JohnF can take it!

We look forward to your contributions.

RR

3 Likes

Bugger, what did I miss?

:smile:

JF

1 Like

Pointing out the obvious is pointless. I should know better.

1 Like

Aw, please point it out to me! I usually miss the most obvious even more than the oblique, and need some help.

2 Likes

Aw go on, point it out, I could do with a laugh tonight.

JF

1 Like