My listing doesn't show up in search

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I put in all the search parameters that would yield my listing (Entire house, price range, 3 BR, pool, etc.) and my listing doesn’t appear in the search or on the map! I have contacted AIrbnb and all they say is that it pops up when they do a search. I haven’t gotten any new bookings in a few weeks and now I am wondering if this is why. They didn’t seem to be able to offer me anything after they said they found it. Not sure what else I can do now so hoping some of you might have suggestions. Thanks!’
Patricia

You can PM me your listing and I can do a search in your area, see what pops up, so to speak.

JF

2 Likes

Thanks John, appreciate the help. Can you tell me how to PM you? :slight_smile:
Thanks.

Click on my avatar, the image next to my username, then click the blue box marked “Message”.

JF

1 Like

Just a quick question and probably a silly one but here goes - have you set any requirements for who can book with you? If you’re searching (or others who search on your behalf) don’t meet your requirements , that could be the reason. Just a thought.

I have had the same problem for a cpl of weeks​:thinking: Air has obviously changed something in the search perimeters. I also noticed that: 1) Not only am I not seeing my listing at times, but they’re showing listings that are 50-60 miles away, which didn’t used to be the case. & 2) When I do find my listing, the price is much higher on the map. It’s $41 more than my nightly price. I charge a $40 cleaning fee, & wonder if they’re adding that to the price? But the extra $1 is puzzling… I’ll not waste my time calling, as that has been no help at all for the past 18+ months. Moderators, any ideas? Ugh!:woman_shrugging::roll_eyes:

I was just saying the other day how we used to always have a lot of posts about search results and how we didn’t anymore and here we are. I called it into existence with my thoughts!

The only thing that occurs to me is that Airbnb has changed the parameters back to what they used to be because this was a common complaint years ago.

It’s been the case as long as I’ve been on this forum which is since 2015. What I think Airbnb tries to do is make a minimum number of listings show up in a search so the fewer listings available, the bigger the map gets. Many times when looking for my own listing for my city I wouldn’t see my listing on the map until I moved the map to recenter it closer to my part of town.

Another thing which should be considered is that everyone searches differently. If I want to be in a specific area of town, for example downtown Nashville, I rely on the map first and the list second. Recently I booked in Santa Fe and with my filters set (IB, SH, flexible cancel policy, 2 bedrooms, entire place) only 2 listings showed up and the map didn’t zoom out. I looked over the 2 listings and chose one quickly. It was great to not have the usual noise. Same with my Denver booking. By using the map I didn’t too many results to wade through. It seems like it’s better than it used to be from the guest perspective.

Open an incognito window and search like you would if you were looking for a place like yours in your part of town.

Yes! Good advice on the map thing, & sure enough, there it was. What do you think about the price showing higher? I feel old when I think, “Things used to be so much better back in the day!” :joy:

Hmmmm, meant to reply to @KKC on that last message- I’ll get this, in time!

I don’t know why…

I think they are doing some experimenting on how they show the prices on the map. Last week, I used Safari, though don’t usually, but the prices on the map included the cleaning fee, so that may be what you’re seeing. The $1 probably has something to do with their rounding. I just looked and it’s not showing that way now but they are known for this kind of experimenting so I think it’s just that.

1 Like

Hi John,
Hmm, I don’t seem to be allowed to PM you. No message box appears. In any case, I did have some friends check and they did eventually find my listing. So still not sure why it doesn’t come up for me, but will keep checking.
Thanks.

Are you doing an anonymous search? You have to use your browser in “private” mode so Air can’t read the cookies and not display your place because it knows it’s yours.

Thank yo so much! I had to log out and then search in order to be incognito. Why couldn’t Airbnb just tell me this??
Anyway, I did find it that way, thanks again.

1 Like

Private window is the way I Iearned you can keep checking on things. It’s the way I look at my listing to see where it is and to spy on the neighbor Airbnb’s.

1 Like

“Spy” -is that market research? :joy:

2 Likes

I snoop on a regular basis: prices, reviews, prices…

I don’t know about spying but snooping is, I’m sure—it must be! :disguised_face:

2 Likes